“Nice, new hotel convenient for the airport.”

Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We spent our first night following a trans-atlantic flight at this hotel. It proved an excellent choice. A new hotel close to the airport our room was clean and comfortable, the staff welcoming and breakfast very good. The airport shuttle meant that we could spend the night at the hotel before collecting our rental car and coping with the Detroit traffic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TINAG8400, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

HI Christine_Roger
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our survey. We are especially pleased that your stay was accommodating. We hope that your visit was a perfect 10. The next time you are in the area please come back and visit with us. We will be glad to have you. Thanks so much for your review and we look forward to your next visit. Latina Green Front Office Manager

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a work trip Monday through Friday. Kara was assigned to our group and she was fabulous! If we left that room for just a minute when we came back we had fresh pitchers of water and new clean glasses. The food was unbelievable. The work out facilities were nice. SHuttle drivers were great and would take us around local venues as well. Front desk girls were totally awesome giving us recomendations on where to go. Attached bar had really amazing food and was open late. I would definetly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hi Dawniegeorgean
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our survey. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure your stay is a perfect 10. We can honestly say we absolutely love Karra. She is a great addition to our team. We have passed along your awesome comments and Karra extends her gratitude. She is so happy that you all enjoyed her service. We have also passed along the comments to the front desk and the drivers and everyone is grateful. Thanks for making our day wonderful, we really enjoyed your smiles and laughter, it was a pleasure having you all. We hope you all stay here again the next time you are in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Latina Green Front Office Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Holiday Inn saved us! We were exhausted and feeling down having missed our flight (our fault) and Latina at the front desk was an ANGEL! She offered us the distressed rate and pointed out that their restaurant was still open and was just a breath of fresh air after a long day. Their shuttle drivers were also fantastic. The wait staff in the restaurant were not the best, but it didn't take away from the overall customer service provided. We were booked into a very nice king room (with fridge/microwave) and the bed was wonderful after a long day. Best part...free laundry!!! If you ever find yourself stranded in Detroit, call the Holiday Inn!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TINAG8400, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

HI p4s90
Thank you so much for your review. I am so grateful to have met such beautiful people. I absolutely will remember this comment forever. Thank you so much for the compliments. I honestly know how rough traveling can be so I always sympathize with the guest. It was a pleasure making sure you had all the resources necessary to unwind and relax after a long day of traveling. I have also passed along the heartfelt comments to my fellow teammates. They send their gratitude. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer service and with comments like this I feel like we did our job successfully. I know you were here under extenuating circumstances but if you are ever in the area please come by and see us. Thanks again for your feedback and comments, it is graciously appreciated. Hope to see you soon! Latina Green Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn because of a missed flight connection: our incoming flight was five hours late.

After we called the hotel from a courtesy phone near the pick-up area for hotel-car rental airport shuttles, a van collected us within 15 minutes. We noticed that the shuttle to the Holiday Inn Metro served other hotels also in the same immediate vicinity; consequently, the side of the van had signs both for the Holiday Inn and for the others.

Furthermore, there is a Holiday Inn Express somewhere else nearby which also has a shuttle that passes by. Hence, check for shuttles which have on the side a sign for a Holiday Inn and then confirm with the driver before you board which Holiday Inn s/he will bring you to.

The driver we had at around 11:45 p.m. was pleasant, helpful, courteous and efficient. The drive to the hotel took about five minutes without other traffic along the way.

The clerk at reception who checked us in was pleasant, cooperative and forthcoming. He gave us the type of room we prefer, which made for an enjoyable stay. We slept without disturbance. The first aircraft we heard taking off was around 6:00-6:30 a.m. As usual with most hotels, occasional noise of activity from the corridor entered the room, for instance, slamming doors.

Our room on the fifth floor away from the elevators was very spacious, clean, crisp, well maintained, comfortably appointed and included a sofa. It had double-glazed windows with both privacy and room-darkening curtains. It also included coffee making facilities, a bar fridge and a microwave oven in an alcove towards the door.

The king-size bed was comfortable with a bedside table and lamp on either side — one table with a telephone and an iPod docking station-radio-clock/alarm combination. A flat screen TV gave access to around 50 channels with the usual mix of news, sports and general entertainment programs. The air conditioning-ventilation unit worked well.

The bathroom had a large shower stall, but no bath; it included the usual soap, shampoo and hair dryer. The hot water service worked well. One minor point about the particular shower stall that we used: the seal around the door did not stop water from leaking out onto the bathroom floor; however, the bathmat served to absorb the seepage.

The hotel reception area had four computers for use by guests, two with Windows and two with Macintosh operating systems. WiFi in the room worked well; however, we used the it in the very early morning so cannot say what the speed would be like during a busy day.

We went to the restaurant for breakfast. The waitress was pleasant, cooperative, efficient and attentive. The cook, Peter, was quite skilled; we were pleasantly surprised at the good quality of the dishes we had ordered.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms face away from the airport & I-94 and as far as possible down the corridor away fr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Chelydra
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed you visit with us. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our property and our customer service. We hope we made a lasting impression and you decide to stay with us the next time you are in the area. Thanks again for the response and we hope to see you soon. Latina Green Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This a very nice, very modern property. The rooms were very well appointed, the a/c was very quiet and the bed was great. The large glass doors looked great for the walk in shower. This was money well spent. When I come through Detroit again, this is where I will be.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TINAG8400, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thanks so much for your recent review. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. We want to also extend our gratitude for your comments. So many reviews are used to state what was wrong during a stay as opposed to what was right. We were lucky to have you stay with us. We are so pleased that your stay was accommodating and from the sound of it we created a lasting impression. Hopefully your next visit will be a perfect 10. Thanks for responding, hope to see you soon. Latina Green Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in this property for an overnight layover when Delta bumped me and my gf (bumped voluntarily). Picking us up from the airport didn't take that long. It happened that they were already there waiting for passenger pick ups. When we got to the hotel, we were warmly welcomed. We told them that we only have our carry ons and they provided us with toiletries. The place is nice and cozy. Carpet, tables, and furnitures are clean. No dust. Bathroom and room are big. Bed was nice. It was a quiet night. I didn't hear any activities outside. We didn't get to use all the hotel's amenities since we were just there for one night and we were already tired and ready to knock out. The next day, we took the liberty to use Delta's food voucher at the restaurant beside it then waited for our pick up, which only took about 10 minutes. We weren't disappointed staying here. It'll be our choice of hotel if we were ever staying a night or 2 close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey. We are especially pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were satisfied with our service. While we understand that traveling can be frustrating, we strive to put you mind at ease with some of the amenities. Our pool and jacuzzi stays open 24hrs for our late travelers. Our Sporting News Grill also stays open late which is rare in this area. We have so much to offer our travelers and our families just visiting Metro Detroit. We hope you do come back to visit us. When you come back take advantage of our loyalty program, IHG Rewards, you can earn points towards a free stay. Again, thank you for your time and review, hope to see you soon. Latina Green Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed August 14, 2013

There are two Holiday Inn hotels on the same road only several buildings from each other. The one at 8400 is the one you want to rest at.

Front desk is very professional and friendly, you know, the SMILE you don't always get. It just lets you know they are willing and ready to help you with any questions or problems you might have. I travel a lot for business and pleasure so the smallest differences jump out at me. Sabrine was at the front desk on this particular morning. What a Gem they have in her.

On my last trip into DTW I needed a refrigerator and was dog tired so looked forward to taking my left overs for a quick meal in my room later. I knew they had the set up as well as a micro wave. As soon as I checked in I discovered that the refrigerator was not working. As I stepped into the hallway all 3 cleaning "professionals" became aware of my issue and came into my room; all 3 trying to solve the problem for me. I had already called the front desk so the Sabrine, at the desk, had already put me into a new room and was coming up to help me with my luggage. The cleaning crew had already resolved the problem and headed off Sabrine in the hallway, letting her know the issue had been resolved. . I showered, got into my jams and relaxed.

Kudos to the staff in this wonderful hotel. Feels like a 4 star

Room Tip: Near airport, not a "better" room, but they are quiet. Afternoon sun and I 94 on one side...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TINAG8400, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your response to our survey. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us your honest opinion of our property and our staff. We agree that Sabreen has a wonderful smile and we are so lucky to have her on our team. We have passed along the compliments to her and she sends her gratitude.

I am sorry for any issues you may have had. Our goal is to make sure your stay is a perfect 10. We are always looking for ways to improve our property as well as our services. I am pleased that our staff was prompt and efficient in handling the situation

Thank you for your review! We look forward to your next visit! Latina Green Front Office Supervisor