Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport
$84
$139
$59
$55
All reviewsfront deskattached restaurantwalk in showerenergy savingshower doorbusiness centergreat night's sleeproom keybusiness triprooms are largeperfect staydetroit metro airportparking lotbed was very comfortablecoffee makerfree shuttlequick check
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was on my way home on a flight and some poor lady had a seizure so I missed my connecting flight out of Detroit so they put me up at this hotel. Upon check in we were greeted by two very pleasant front desk workers who moved us through the process quickly and with a smile. The room is big, modern and very clean. Received a voucher for food and drink and the bar restaurant serves food til one am. Very good food and service at ten at night! I didn't plan on coming to Detroit but this experience is making me think it would be fun to explore for a couple of days ...

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TINAG8400, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and what we had to offer you. We are delighted that you experienced our amenities and proud of our team for making it pleasurable for you.

Regarding your future visit to our area I would like to extend an invitation to you. We would love to have you again and I assure you that it will be even better the second time around given the circumstances on your first visit.

Again i'd like to say thank you for your positive and admiring feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm Regards,

LaTina Green

Reviewed May 29, 2013

How nice to fly in late and be greeted with such a friendly smiling face! Clean room too! Was a short stay, but a good nights sleep. Thanks so much and I am sure we will be back when on that side of the state!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hi monti2011,

Thank you so much for your compliments they are greatly appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you consider us the next time you are in our wonderful city.

We have great ammenities to offer and a wonderful team awaiting your arrival. We have a great bar and grill on site as well as a pool, hot tub, and fitness room that are open 24 hours. I know that is the icing on the cake and with that being said I look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

Latina Green

Reviewed May 29, 2013

After our flight home was cancelled Delta put us up in this hotel. I liked what I saw but unfortunately was only there a few hours. The bar had really good food and service. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TINAG8400, Front Office Supervisor at Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Hi Sdunb9,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I am pleased to know that we were accommodating for you. We are always looking for ways to improving our customer service, our property, as well as our brand. Your comments and/or concerns are very important to us. I hope the next time you are here with us your stay is a perfect 10. I look forward to having you as a guest at our property in the future. Thank you again. Latina Green Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Due to a cancelled flight, we were sent here by Delta. It was clean, new, welcoming staff, so-so sports bar. Be sure to ask for an extra blanket when you check in as the linens are paltry. Nice bathroom, large TV, comfortable bed. No decent option for breakfast other than the sports bar so be prepared if you don't have a car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hello Lilybdog,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased that our team was accomodating and you were satisfied with their performance. I apologize if our blankets were not up to your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve our establishment. Your feedback will be noted.

Also, I would like to apologize for not giving you alternative options for breakfast. In fact, we have quite the selection of restaurants in the local area and are within walking distance. We have a vast transportation options that could be used at your leisure as well.

Again, thank you for your time and comments. I hope your next visit is a perfect 10. If you have any further questions or concerns please connect with us via email or phone. We look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,

LaTina Green

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Due to airline connections I knew I had to spend the night in Detroit. Being a female traveling alone I was concerned about choosing the right hotel. When I was waiting at the hotel pick up station a Delta employee mentioned I should call the hotel to make sure they would be arriving shortly. I called the number and was told that a shuttle would be there in 6 min. (a number I thought was rather odd so I remembered it!) After 20 min I called again. I was told there was another pick up at the North station and they'd be there shortly. (same person answered) Finally after 50 minutes the shuttle arrived. I did not call again as I heard someone else also calling them.

Honestly if I hadn't already paid I would have gone to another hotel. Luckily I didn't. Check-in was easy and straight forward. My room was beyond what I was expecting. Admittedly I haven't stayed at HI in about 20 years (think Holidome days) Not the same bland white walls, ugly art and cheesy-ness. It was very modern, stylish and comfortable. Room was quiet for being next to airport. Had comfy pillow in assorted firmness. DirecTV in the rooms with plenty of channels to choose from. Free Wi-Fi. (did not notice any ads that kept popping up like another reviewer described) Bathroom was plenty big, no tub, but a great shower. I did have dinner at the restaurant. I'm gluten free and had no problem finding selections. Wine selection was weak, but oh well. Service was extremely friendly and efficient considering they were busy. (an important basketball game was on) Great night's sleep. Shuttle this time was 10 minutes late. But it was a short trip. All-in-all a very good stay. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo