Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Houston, Texas
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while in a business trip. It is a nice property very close to the airport. While situated on one of the airports flight approaches, when outside I could see and hear jets flying over but in my room could not hear them. My room was in very good shape. My bed was comfy and the ac worked fine. Also the bathroom was in good working order. Parking was also good.

I would stay here again. I recommend eating at Leonardo's Italian restaurant which is very near by. Great food!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mike60984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Detroit Airport for 1 night during a business trip. The rooms ate updated, clean and spacious. Room service is available and offers a decent selection. I ordered a salad for dinner which was prepared promptly and delivered quickly.
The only reason I am not giving a 5 star rating is the shower tub which seemed to not drain properly. I do not like to stand in a shower in ankle deep water. This however, might have only been a problem in my specific room (#611).
Breakfast is free with typical Hampton fare- a decent selection of hot and cold items.
Overall it is a good value and I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank chicagocali
Fowlerville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

loud, drama filled stay. Showtime guide for June not July and the station doesn't come in anyhow. Skip breakfast, not hot nor does it taste good. Bathroom sink was hot and hotter. Children running up and down hallways, bouncing basketballs, slamming doors.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lora L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.
Grand Junction CO., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

With all the ugly and bad things you here and see in the Detroit area it was very nice to have a clean, safe and comfortable place like this to stay. Freindly and helpful staff made my stay in the Detroit area a pleasure.

1 Thank Darin P
Thank you for such a glowing recommendation! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit-Airport/Romulus very soon. If there is anything we can do for you let us know.
Paris, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel with extremely helpful staff. Located close to airport and the shuttle service was spot on on pick up times. Very quiet for being close to the airport. The check in and check out process was extremely efficient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. Thank you so much for taking your time to write our hotel such a lovely review.
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I flew into DTW much later than expected and the service I received was exceptional. I was rescheduled to land at 1:45 am and of course my concern when landing that late, is the quality of the hotel With this Hampton Inn, nothing to worry about. Only a Pros list needed here.

Pros:
1. 24 hour on demand airport shuttle! When I landed I called the hotel about the shuttle. The guy at the front desk told me exactly where to go and then call back since the shuttle was only a 5 minute ride. As I was approaching the spot called back, he picked up the phone with a "Mr. Last Name?". Of course it was me, who else would call at 2 am? Made me feel like I knew him.
2. The shuttle came and took me to the hotel. At this point I was starting to feel the affects of a lack of sleep. As I walked through the front door the guy at the desk had my room key and paperwork sitting there ready for me so I only needed to spend about 30 seconds checking in (show him my license and credit card). Wonderful service indeed!
3. I really needed a cup of something to drink and the complimentary beverages were either empty or cold so the front desk guy went to the back and got me a nice hot cup of tea.
4. Comfortable bed.
5. The breakfast area was clean and the food tasted good. Just what I needed after a night of only 4 hours of sleep.

Overall, this is a great hotel and if you need someplace to stay near the airport this is a great choice!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank psudino
Lora L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay. It means a lot that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online and we hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in the Detroit area.
Director of Sales
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very close to the airport. Very comfortable and clean. There are a few dining options very close by.
I'd stay here again when I have another quick trip when using DTW.
I rented a car and there was plenty of easy parking - the entrance can be a little tricky to find - no big deal.
This property is why I continue to stay at Hampton Inn's. It is one of the better ones.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
No photo provided
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus? Share your experiences!