I flew into DTW much later than expected and the service I received was exceptional. I was rescheduled to land at 1:45 am and of course my concern when landing that late, is the quality of the hotel With this Hampton Inn, nothing to worry about. Only a Pros list needed here.
1. 24 hour on demand airport shuttle! When I landed I called the hotel about the shuttle. The guy at the front desk told me exactly where to go and then call back since the shuttle was only a 5 minute ride. As I was approaching the spot called back, he picked up the phone with a "Mr. Last Name?". Of course it was me, who else would call at 2 am? Made me feel like I knew him.
2. The shuttle came and took me to the hotel. At this point I was starting to feel the affects of a lack of sleep. As I walked through the front door the guy at the desk had my room key and paperwork sitting there ready for me so I only needed to spend about 30 seconds checking in (show him my license and credit card). Wonderful service indeed!
3. I really needed a cup of something to drink and the complimentary beverages were either empty or cold so the front desk guy went to the back and got me a nice hot cup of tea.
4. Comfortable bed.
5. The breakfast area was clean and the food tasted good. Just what I needed after a night of only 4 hours of sleep.
Overall, this is a great hotel and if you need someplace to stay near the airport this is a great choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover comfort and convenience for Detroit and beyond at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus. Just off I-94 and I-275, our Romulus hotel is within a mile of Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW). Take our free hotel shuttle to and from the airport. This hotel in Romulus, MI lies at the heart of Metro Detroit, within 20 minutes of downtown Detroit and 30 minutes from Ann Arbor, Michigan, making an equally great base for the industrial corporations of Motown and the University of Michigan campus. Whether you’re in town for business, to cheer on the NFL’s Detroit Lions, touring the Great Lakes, or simply catching a flight, you’ll find a warm welcome at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus. Relax in a comfortable guest room with a clean and fresh Hampton beds® and HD channels on the 37-inch LCD TV. Spacious suites feature sofa beds in the seating area, making this hotel in Romulus, MI a great family option. Accessible rooms and suites are designed for comfort. Get to work in the comfort of your room with free internet access throughout the hotel. Start the day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. Choose your favorite toppings for oatmeal and fresh waffles to accompany hot and cold selections. If you’re in a rush, just grab a free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag, available Monday through Friday. Consult the friendly team members for local Romulus restaurant recommendations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus Hotel Romulus