“Exceptional service gives this Hampton Inn 5 stars”

Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Exceptional service gives this Hampton Inn 5 stars”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I flew into DTW much later than expected and the service I received was exceptional. I was rescheduled to land at 1:45 am and of course my concern when landing that late, is the quality of the hotel With this Hampton Inn, nothing to worry about. Only a Pros list needed here.

Pros:
1. 24 hour on demand airport shuttle! When I landed I called the hotel about the shuttle. The guy at the front desk told me exactly where to go and then call back since the shuttle was only a 5 minute ride. As I was approaching the spot called back, he picked up the phone with a "Mr. Last Name?". Of course it was me, who else would call at 2 am? Made me feel like I knew him.
2. The shuttle came and took me to the hotel. At this point I was starting to feel the affects of a lack of sleep. As I walked through the front door the guy at the desk had my room key and paperwork sitting there ready for me so I only needed to spend about 30 seconds checking in (show him my license and credit card). Wonderful service indeed!
3. I really needed a cup of something to drink and the complimentary beverages were either empty or cold so the front desk guy went to the back and got me a nice hot cup of tea.
4. Comfortable bed.
5. The breakfast area was clean and the food tasted good. Just what I needed after a night of only 4 hours of sleep.

Overall, this is a great hotel and if you need someplace to stay near the airport this is a great choice!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank psudino
Lora L, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay. It means a lot that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online and we hope that you will stay with us again next time you're in the Detroit area.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very close to the airport. Very comfortable and clean. There are a few dining options very close by.
I'd stay here again when I have another quick trip when using DTW.
I rented a car and there was plenty of easy parking - the entrance can be a little tricky to find - no big deal.
This property is why I continue to stay at Hampton Inn's. It is one of the better ones.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. It means a lot to me and the staff that you took the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here after picking up our son and his wife from the airport. The room was large with a separate sitting area. The room was very quiet and you couldn't hear the air traffic even though the airport was close. Breakfast was excellent and the staff was helpful and friendly. One of the best places we have stayed for the price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online and please tell your friends about our hotel and come back to see us again
Dallas, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here during a visit to nearby cities and were very impressed. The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the room was very clean. We upgraded to a "suite," which was a large room divided by a long desk with a living area on one side and the bedroom area on the other. Water pressure in the shower was excellent, although the bathroom was on the small side. The breakfast was better than the usual Hampton fare and the staff were super courteous throughout the hotel. Free coffee and newspapers are available in the lobby 24/7. There is nothing to walk to besides other hotels and a Big Boy restaurant, with additional chain restaurants not far. You'll need a car to go do anything, but parking at the hotel is free. There's a free shuttle between the hotel and DTW, so if you are just staying over between flights you won't need a car at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Your positive comments are very much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to make them. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Jamestown
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great room, great night's sleep, nice exercise room, nice breakfast--- way better than the "boutique" hotel I stayed at in Ann Arbor for a business meeting. I stay often at a Hampton Inn in Yonkers, NY, but this hotel is much, much nicer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vandalia, mi
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We like a clean hotel, and this was it! Great hot breakfast, especially for growing athletes! We were there for a baseball tourney. Only drawback was no washer in hotel, had to go next door, with 6 teams in 2 hotels, it was a bit inconvenient. But it was a great stay !!!!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I will convey your concerns regarding laundry with the General Managers of both properties.
Paw Paw
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Best beds in the world, so comfy and clean. Towels were a little rough and small, but other than that the stay was perfect. Great view from the sixth floor. An occasional airplane would disrupt the quietness, but other than that everything perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!