“Park and Fly was a great deal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus

Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Grand Bend, Canada
“Park and Fly was a great deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Although we only slept here as we had a very early morning flight the stay was comfortable.
Drove to a nearby pizza place and brought it back to the room.
We chose this hotel because of the park and fly. It made it cheaper than booking the parking without the room.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again providing they still have the park and fly available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Michigan, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed there prior to running a race in Ypsi. It was a little hard to find. That would be my only complaint. It was beautiful inside. The room was EXTREMELY clean and tidy. The weight room was very nice. OUr breakfast that morning was complete and delicious. We did not hear one plane flying over us. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had an early morning flight out of Detroit and stayed at the Hampton Inn. The service was very friendly and efficient. The room was huge, clean and comfortable; and the shuttle service was punctual. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AMHERSTBURG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for night and had the Park n Fly package for the week. Our check in was quick and staff was very friendly. Upon arriving at our room we found a clean and modern place to stay for the evening. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Following a quick pleasant and friendly check in we proceeded to our room. Quite a surprise! The room was HUGE! I think we got "upgraded" to a suite of some sort. King size bed (as requested) but also a mini kitchenette (sink, fridge, microwave), an office area which separated the bed area from a sitting area with a pull out coach. Separate sink area from the 2 piece tub and washroom facilities. Very large flat screen TV with a plethora of channels. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chapleau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our room at the Hampton Inn Romulus/Detroit was better than expected. It is a very new and large room, nicely decorated, the staff were excellent and I will definitely stay again. I would highly recommend this hotel. Also have pkgs for park and stay for your flight out.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tecumseh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Very disapointing. I reserved this hotel specifically as a park, stay, and fly on our vacation to Disney World. When i arrived at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Romulus Mi. I was told that Expedia failed to forward the money to the hotel for the cost of parking. When booking with Expedia I was told by the agent that he confirmed and reconfirmed, and made specific note, and spoke with a hotel representative that I was being charged $10 only as a parking fee. When checking in the representative at the hotel told me that the amount they received did not include parking. I was charged $112 that was suppose to include parking. I was told by the hotel representative that I would have to deal with Expedia directly. I was on the phone with different representatives from Expedia for over an hour trying to resolve the issue while my wife, mother and special needs daughter waited in the vehicle. I tried cancelling the transaction with the hotel and they told me that this had to be done with Expedia. Finally I was told by Expedia that I had to pay for the parking again at a cost of $5.00 per day (additional $35.00 on top of the $10.00 I initially paid, and that I would be reimbursed when I provide a hotel receipt.) When I got off the phone from talking to the Expedia rep I was told by the hotel that the receipt they provide does not explain that it is for parking. This entire transaction was not dealt with properly or professionally by neither Expedia nor Hampton Inn and Suites, Romulus. The hotel representatives made no attempt to help resolve the issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
carolyn_mondry, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs. I sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstandings with any charges that were incurred and if they were not clear with you prior to booking your stay with us. Please know that in no way do we intend to mislead our customers and I would be more than happy to discuss any misunderstandings with you.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you consider staying with us next time you are in town.