“Great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here just one night before leaving for our cruise but were very pleased with our stay.
The room was beautiful and was exceptionally clean. The staff looked after us well. It was nice to have a free breakfast which was enjoyable.
Thank you! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Make sure you check which side of the hotel your room is. It can be noisy from the aircraft flying...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My Delta flight out of Detroit was cancelled the evening of January 28, 2013. I was considering staying in the airport due to previous experiences but decided to get my hotel voucher and see where I ended up. I think the Delta agent was to use a different hotel but she said "this Hampton Inn is a lot better". So I headed off to the transportation center of the airport where a hotel van arrived within 15 minutes. It was a short drive to the hotel (maybe 7 minutes). A whole van load of "plane people" arrived at the front desk right about 11pm. Even though there were many people and it was right at shift change, the front desk staff did a great job. I was sent to room 218 and just about dropped my backpack when I walked in the room. It had a tile foyer with a sink, counter, microwave and frig. This opened up into a HUGE living room with chairs, end tables and a sofa. I also had 2 queen beds and a big bathroom. Everything was very clean and the room was warm and quiet.

I was very thankful to find a little shop right off the hotel desk. They had all kinds of items and anything purchased could be placed on the hotel room bill.

The morning complimentary breakfast was very good. I also noticed they had pre-bagged meals that could be picked up and taken for people who did not have time to eat breakfast at the hotel.

The shuttle back to the airport was right on time.

The hotel and staff at this Hampton Inn made my flight cancellation a little bit enjoyable-KUDOS!

Room Tip: I had room 218. It was close to elevator and vending but very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very nice lobby, clean well appointed room, and good management. Staff was working hard and late keeping common areas around front desk clean and mopping up all the snow and snow melt guests were tracking in. The rooms are fairly quiet considering the hotel is right under an approach path to DTW. Night desk clerk gave me a super dinner recommendation. I'd go back - no problem.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Chose this hotel as we've been consistently pleased with Hampton Inn properties. We had a very early flight to catch and wanted to stay near the airport. While planes were flying directly overhead, amazingly I did not hear any while in our room, although the heater did occasionally come on an off and likely might have drown them out to some degree. But we did not hear ANY, even though we were just below the top floor. Coffee/tea/cocoa bar available upon our late arrival was welcome on the frigid night we arrived. The room was 2 Queens and was nicely decorated with modern decor. Clean!! Beds were very comfortable and pillows were better than what I have at home! Duvet with cover and just a sheet on the bed, so you'll want to turn up the heat or grab a blanket out of the closet, which was not a problem. Grabbed "to-go" breakfast bags that are prepared and ready at the front desk and coffee, since we didn't have time for the breakfast bar. That was a real timesaver. Some restaurants nearby. The only downside is the location on Smith Rd, which was hard to find coming from the airport as it's accessible only after making a u-turn and you can't see the street sign going outbound on Merriman Rd. You can only look for the neon sign on the top of the building. Get directions beforehand (we didn't), although it's very easy to find once you know. Definitely better than any other airport hotel I've stayed at, and only minutes on a straight shot to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

As soon i came to check in i was greeted by Roger on the reception. What a wonderful guy he made sure that my check in was a breeze and helped me alot in everything very nice guy. As soon as i checked in my room ohh what a nice spacious room very clean and top Hilton standards are there.

All i have to say is this is a wonderful hotel the only draw is the location but if you want a hotel near Detroit aiport than this is very excellent choice. If you have a car with you and you want to see Michigan than its also a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed one night before our flight. Excellent hotel, being Honour Members we received an upgrade to a King Suite , and it was wonderful. The hotel looks new fresh and clean. we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, it was very good. we would not hesitate to stay again. Brandon at the desk was very nice and helpful as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our family chose to stay here due to its proximity to the airport.
We didn't expect that our stay would be quite a wonderful experience.
Staff are friendly, rooms are clean and the bed linens do smell clean, like fresh from the laundry.

Their complimentary breakfast is superb. It's the best I've seen compared to other hotels with complimentary breakfast. Lots of choices.

And most of all, we were very satisfied with their free airport shuttle service.

I would definitely choose Hampton Inn on our next trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family