Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
$139
$122
$59
$55
All reviewsdetroit airportgreat hotellarge roomtwo queen bedsshuttle servicewould highly recommend this hotelexcellent stayann arborpool and hot tubrental carclean roomsqwik parkbig boycomplimentary breakfastnice breakfastconvenient locationwould definitely stay here again
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly. The room was a king suite on the 6th floor. It was quiet and clean. Perhaps the only issue is a design one, the sink area of the bathroom is exposed to the rest of the room, when a light is needed at night it wakes everyone.
The hotel had good access to I 94 and was a perfect location for our trip to a visit friends in the Detroit area.

Room Tip: We were pleased with the king suite on the 6th floor away from the elevator. It made for a long walk to the lobby but we enjoyed the quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ntd19
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I will preface this review by saying that Hampton Inns are my preferred hotel chain. I have stayed in many of them in many different cities. I had high expectations for this one and ended up a bit disappointed.

Pros:
Everything is newish and well designed.
Our room had a fridge and a microwave.
The breakfast area is really nice, with plenty of seating.
It is close to the airport.
It is competitively priced.

Cons:
The staff is just okay.
Cases in point:
1. We arrived, and we were supposed to have a crib in the room. I asked the front desk if it was there. They front desk was friendly but clueless. The first woman didn't know, so she asked the other woman. The other woman didn't know, either, but remembered seeing a note about a crib but didn't remember what it said or where the note was. The two of them concluded I should just go look in the room and see. There was a crib in the room, but it was filthy. I was glad I brought my own bedding for it.

2. The shower curtain smelled like mildew. It was so pungent that I noticed the smell as soon as I walked in the bathroom. I figured it was an innocent goof, so I called the front desk and asked for a new one. They sent a new one up, and it was clean, but the person who brought it expected me to put it on myself. So yes, I was standing on the bathtub edge, fighting with a gross shower curtain right before dinner. I didn't know what to do with the gross shower curtain, so I ended up hiding it in a closet.

3. In our room, at least, they only vacuumed the middles. My daughter dropped something on the floor that rolled slightly under the dust ruffle. I lifted the dust ruffle to get it and was appalled at all the bits of crumbs and food and dirt that was down there.

The price we paid seemed awfully cheap, and I guess this was why. I gladly would have paid an extra $20 or $30 for a cleaner room. This is not a Hampton Inn I will stay in again, but it was not terrible. I would consider the decor on the high end of the Hampton spectrum, the service as average for a Hampton, and the cleaning as mediocre at best for a Hampton. To be fair, I have not stayed anywhere else in Romulus, so maybe the other hotels nearby (and there are many) are equally blah.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank curiousbunny
carolyn_mondry, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that we missed the mark on delivering exemplary service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. Anticipating our guests’ needs are very important to us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We selected this Hampton Inn near the Detroit Airport (Romulus MI) as it is just off the airport grounds and close to the rental car returns. We just returned from trip across Michigan and back had an early flight out the next morning. What a terrific hotel and location. We usually stay at Hampton Inns and are rarely disappointed. This Hampton Inn exceeded all expectations. It was absolutely spotless, the rooms, eating, and lounging area were immaculate. The service was superior. Hotel staff was pleasant and helpful in every possible way; the front desk attendant offered us an umbrella because it was raining. The ladies working the breakfast area in the morning were on top of everything and so pleasant. We were well looked after! The beds were very comfortable and the room had a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator and free Internet. The morning breakfast was a traditional Hampton Inn breakfast, everything was stocked, hot foods were hot and fresh; the food display and eating area was clean and neat and provided a great start to our day. As far as the hotel location, the surroundings had everything to offer. Plenty of restaurants close by, Big Boy is across the street and Bob Evans is few blocks away, just down the street are fast food places and a very short drive to many excellent places to eat, groceries and shopping. It was seven miles to the nearest mall. Hotel and surrounding area is very safe, the parking lot is well lit and provides for a confident and comfortable stay. We will stay at this hotel again if we travel out of the Detroit Airport and we highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor, although next to the airport we did not hear any plane or road noise. Very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with family before flying off to Florida. Very nice, very clean room with comfortable beds. The pool area was very nice with a hot tub as well. The only thing lacking is an onsite restaurant, but there are many close by.
Loved that the Qwik Park location was right next door and our room cost of &119.00 included 8 days of free parking. We only paid extra for 3 nights.
The shuttle service to the airport was perfect and the driver was very helpful with luggage, etc. even calling ahead to the airport to arrange a wheelchair for my mother.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank iCRUISEify
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Here on a quick business trip. No rooms anywhere in Ann Arbor where I was working but found an opening at this 2 year old Hampton Inn. Consistent with the Hampton brand overall this was a clean, quiet great looking hotel with a super friendly staff. Considering I was only in my room for
4 1/2 hrs of sleep and had to leave before breakfast was served, I would still stay here again when in the metro Detroit / Ann Arbor area.

Room Tip: Even though this hotel is within sight of the Detroit Metro Airport my room was very quiet and I got a great night's sleep. Never heard a plane go over.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business