All reviewsdetroit airportgreat hotellarge roomtwo queen bedsshuttle serviceann arborrental carpool and hot tubexcellent stayclean roomsqwik parkbig boyconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfasthome away from homewould definitely stay here againstayed one night
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were visiting the Henry Ford museum and spent the night at the Hampton Inn in Romulus. We had a King suite with a pull out couch for the teen. The room was very nice and the price was good. Breakfast was also good. The only negative I noticed was, the hallways were dirty and you tracked that into the room. Other than that it was a nice place to stay, nothing fancy, just a good place where you know what you are going to get.

Room Tip: FYI...it is an airport hotel...you may be under a plane's flight pattern at night.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just returned from our fourth overnight stay at this hotel and realized I have not written a review saying how great a place it is! Our family always tries to stay at Hampton Inns because we know what to expect in terms of cleanliness, service and overall satisfaction and this hotel definitely delivers. The staff here are very friendly and helpful and special mention goes to Roger who has waited on us a few times now and is no nice to talk to. We took advantage of the park and fly and booked a night's stay before our trip and another after so all of our parking was paid for (our trip was 10 days long). The breakfast was fresh, hot and there were lots of options to choose from. Our room was very clean, modern and well laid-out. The location is very handy to the airport and the shuttle will pick you up and take you there which saved us a lot of hassle about finding the right gate to go to and all that sort of stuff. Overall I would recommend this hotel for families or single travellers who want to go somewhere nice where you don't have to worry about anything. Keep up the good work!
P.S. I forgot to mention how comfortable the beds are as well. They are just as nice as ours at home.

1  Thank OntarioMomoftwo
Reviewed July 13, 2012

May be I'm jaded 'cause I accompany my hubby so often when he travels for business, but it sure is a treat when a new hotel with the nice amenities we all come to expect, including honestly friendly and helpful service, actually surprises you when you first open the door to your room! I audibly said "Ahhh! THIS is cute!" when we walked into this room.

Rest assured, you will get the experience you deserve, just as most of the reviewers below this review have indicated: the staff all over the hotel speak to you whenever you're reasonably near. The front desk staff aren't just warm and friendly, they're helpful too. No, the expected limited-choice, very basic Hampton Inn breakfast isn't different. And the little snack shop is still a tiny, basic snack shop in traditional Hampton Inn style. The pool and the exercise room are clean and well maintained, just as you'd expect. It's only the room that's different.

But what a difference!

Our room was very spacious. We estimate about 400 square feet. As we walked in, the kitchenette was immediately to our right (microwave, sink, fridge under beautiful granite countertop) in a sort of foyer area. A few steps forward, we saw to our left the sofa and coffee table, straight ahead was a window. To our right, a wide and long desk divided the living room area from the sleeping area. The desk had one comfy office chair with arms and was wide and long enough for both my hubby and me to set up our laptops to work. The sleeping area has 2 night stands on either side of a king bed, another window and an armless, comfy living room-type chair. The large HD TV was attached to the wall between the two windows at the end of the desk and could swivel toward the living area and the sleeping area.

Make another right and you'll see the large granite-topped wash basin and huge wall mirror facing the sleeping area, a closet and the doorway to the toilet and shower. My only complaint was that the bathroom door barely cleared the toilet, making for a pretty tight toilet/bathtub-with-shower area. I took 3 pics - you should find them below.

Just a simple thing as a spacious, creatively designed room, instead of the predictable cookie-cutter floorplan design makes for a big difference if you're a wife who accompanys her husband for lots of business trips and has to make the hotel room her "comfy home-away-from-home" for (ugh) 3, 4, 5, and sometimes up to 30 days! I enjoyed this hotel room!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Highpocketsagain
Reviewed July 9, 2012

From the moment I walked in to the hotel, I realized that this was a special Hampton Inn. From being a spotless setting, to the help I received with directions from the front desk, our stay was ***** (5-Star). I had briefly mentioned that I wanted to go to the Detroit Riverfront. By the time I brought our bags upstairs, and returned for more, the front desk personnel had printed me a Google Maps page. I hadn't even asked. Perhaps what I found most appealing was the price. We booked a wonderfully sized suite with comfortable sleeping for two adults and two children for the price of what we have paid for regular chain rooms. One reason we always stay at Hampton Inn is consistency. I expected that when I looked around the room, I would find crisp, fitted sheets (I must have fitted sheets). Here, like all Hamptons, the sheets were perfect, as were the beds, and the pull open sleeper. My kids did not even want to go out. They asked if we could just stay in, they were that comfortable after a 12 hour drive.

On our last night, there was some noise above us. I let the front desk manager know. He took care of it, and without asking, took that night's stay off of our account. You can expect the best at this Hampton Inn. I have been to many. All are great. This is even better than great!

Oh, be sure to try the morning cheese and bacon pizza bagels.

Room Tip: If more than four are staying, try to get a suite.
1  Thank chippyarm
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here one night with my wife prior to a flight out of DTW...nicest Hampton Inn I've ever seen and one of the nicer airport hotels at DTW - might even become my new favorite over the Marriott. Would have loved to sleep in a bit but had to get up for an early flight. Beds were so comfortable! They even insulate the noise from the jets overhead as this hotel is close to a runway. Shuttle to airport was prompt.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple