Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Stay here!”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed here in November, 2011, and we're very well pleased. Staff were all congenial and very helpful!
We had an excellent breakfast w/eggs, sausage, fruit, etc.

They offer 8 days free parking at the adjacent Park & Fly, andP&F offers additional days at $8/ day.
You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I was here for a 1 night stay for business and had a great stay. the property is in excellent condition, the staff if very helpful/professional and the location is really good as well. A couple of miles away from the DTW airport and close to several restaurants of all different types of price points and cuisine types...or you can walk a few feet to the Hilton Garden Inn and grab dinner there.

I was up late and watching TV in the lobby area and the hotel's shittle driver was gettig boilng water for a guest to make a hot snack with vs. just pointing the guest in the direction of the hot water.

Rooms have a nice desk area, Fridge and microwave and a large flat screen. The room was immaculate, the heat works well and is fairly quiet and the bathroom was also in excellent condition.

When in the area I will stay either here or the Hilton Garden Inn, which is another excellent property with the same type of great staff right next door. I believe the person who owns these two properties also owns the the Embassy Suites so I would try their as well.

For both the HGI and the Hampton Inn the room and facility in general is amazingly quiet despite being right next to the airport and near the flight plath.

Checkin Process was amazingly fast, they had everything predone so I am guessing it took less than a minute from when I walked up to the counter to I was walking to the elevators. this is not m first stay here and it was like this when I had previously stayed here.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong. I have stayed on multiple floors on multiple sides and they all...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after a late night flight arrival. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable, with clean duvets, no comforters that aren't washed after every guest. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. The close proximity to the airport makes traveling easy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Albion
Reviewed November 8, 2011

To allow a somewhat more leisurely trip, I decided to stay at the Metro Airport Hamption Inn and Suites before my morning flight. The room was, in fact, a suite and was very comfortable. The desk personnel were personable and pleasant people with whom to deal. The shuttle was on time and I experienced no problems.
before, during, or after my stay. I will use their services again.

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Honors member.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Michigan
Reviewed November 7, 2011

What an awesome hotel. The hotel is newly built and is well maintained. The check-in moved quickly however a line soon formed behind us.

We stayed in a room with two queen beds. The room was huge and well layed out. The bed was so comfortable however I think I have an issue with the pillows the Hilton Hotels choose to use because I just can't find a comfortable one for me. The pillow appear large and fluffy, however when I lay on them they seem to deflate into a pancake. I do not fault this hotel for this.

The manager was more than accomadating when we needed some milk for our three year old and allowed us to grab a cup out of the breakfast station.

The breakfast was to be served at 6am.

First, the breakfast was very good, nicely presented, and clean. The staff person that we saw working the breakfast was very pleasant.

On the negative side, being primarily an airport hotel, I felt the breakfast should have opened a little earlier than 6am. There were at least three groups of us waiting for the doors to open and I feel, as did another woman we talked to, believed that a 5:30am breakfast opening would be more appropriate, at the least. Full disclosure, we had no issues with this and were able to get down our breakfast with about four minutes to spare before out 6:20am shuttle.

Overall, I will certainly choose this hotel again and would, without a doubt, recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor room due to the air traffic overhead. We stayed on the fifth floor, the top fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Port Elgin, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the first tim, in October as a starting point for a trip to Seattle. It was excellent. Location was great, service was great, room was wonderful and the parking was right next door, with free shuttle to and from the airport, directly to and from your car. The price was $89.00 plus tax, room, free breakfast and eight days of parking.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Although we've stayed on Hampton's Inns before, I was a bit worried about the airplane noise on this one. No need. I wasn't bothered by any.
Rooms are very good, with fridges and microwaves. Nice TV. Great beed. Good shower. Free parking.
They had coffee and cookies downstairs, as well as a convenience store and free internet in a business center.
Staff was very nice and breakfast was good (and free). They even had breakfast to go bags.
Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family