“Really cute big room, loud planes”

SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
canada
“Really cute big room, loud planes”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Stayed here on a Sunday night park sleep and fly package for $119 which includes 8 days parking. Our friends stayed a week later on a Friday night package for $89.

This hotel is really cute. Think of modern european and lots of bluey green tile.

Upon entering the room everything seems a little different and exciting (you'll know what I mean when you get there). It was fun to see what was behind the doors. We had a room with 2 queen beds and a sofabed. There is a big LCD tv. We wanted to watch a dvd on the laptop and realized that we should have brought our hdmi wires. Called front office but understandably they didn't have them.

The bathroom room and shower room are really neat and different.

Electricity in room is based on european hotels where your room key needs to be inserted in a holder to work. (unlike in europe, though, they give you more than one room key, so you can leave one in while you go out.)

Lobby is nice and inviting. We noticed a very small pool inside.

Hotel had free wifi that worked well.

Complimentary breakfast had a waffle maker, muffins, bagels, cereals, milk, juice, eggs, tea, coffee, sausage links.... lots of food.

Only problem.....the planes were VERY loud and shake the building (unlike the Marriott we stayed in a couple years ago-same street). Thankfully this only lasted until about 10pm but resumed by 6am. We were on the top floor, so next time I would reserve a lower floor.

The beds are so comfy with memory foam pad and pillows. My daughter who had a cold and was banished to the far away sofa bed was not so comfortable and still resents us.

I thought this hotel was really different and nice for a one night's stay. Don't expect plush and grand though. Let's just say, my kids (11 and 15) thought this was the nicest hotel ever and my daughter said she will decorate her first apartment just like it!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Northern Michigan
Reviewed November 25, 2009

My husband and I were traveling out early from DTW, so we wanted a hotel close to the airport that included parking. SpringHill Suites was a great value, and when we arrived at the room we got more than we expected. The room was very nice, clean and modern. (We had trouble figuring out how to turn the lights on, but that's just because we were so excited to finally arrive at the hotel after getting lost on our way to Detroit, you have to put your room key in the light switch to turn on. Great idea btw). We could hear the airplanes on ocassion before we went to sleep but were never awakened by them. We had a wake up call that was on time, and we would stay there again if need be, great price, great hotel!

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Lansing, MI
Reviewed November 23, 2009

This hotel was great and you can't beat the park sleep fly package. Has a retro/modern feel. Everything was extra clean. I wish we would have gotten there earlier. We got there at 7pm and had to checkout around 330am because of our flight. The pool and hot tub are small but very accomodating. No one else was there except us. It was lovely. That is where we will definitely stay next time we fly out of Detroit.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Mountain View, California
Reviewed November 13, 2009

We stayed for one night at the Springhill in July 2009. I think at the time the hotel was brand new. The rooms are nicely designed and maximize the space in each. The rooms also divide the areas with smart furniture. The whole room has a euro-vibe feel with the bathroom areas and sliding doors everywhere. The wall treatments and bathroom tiling are trendy and nice even though its clearly lower cost. Overall, the room has a great feel for business or for pleasure travelers. Although my trip was for personal reasons, I often travel on business and this hotel would be fantastic for a business traveler. The gym has all brand new equipment and is more than just the two treadmill + nautilus machine. You actually have some room for some free weights.

Overall, this hotel is a bargain (especially with the free parking if you are flying out of town). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel near metro airport.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lawton
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Very polite, great location, very clean and great breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009
Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Loved this hotel. Everything from the lobby to the dining area to the rooms is very clean & contemporary. Upscale feel. Easy to find, but is right on the highway. The roads right around this hotel are a bit tricky. Check in was fast & friendly. The room smelled great when I walked in. Beautiful cool colors and clean lines. Very comfy bed. The bathroom being split took some getting used to, but was ok. Water leaked from the stand up shower onto the floor, quite a bit. Being right near the airport I did hear a good bit of plane noise, but it didn't keep me up. Great flat screen tv, mini-fridge, microwave, sofa & table, work desk. The small lights attached to the headboard are convenient and smart, but don't give very much light. Breakfast was decent, loved the oatmeal with fixings. Good value. I will return & recommend.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I recently made a trip to Mackinac Island and stayed at hotels near DTW for both inbound and outbound flights. This hotel is outstanding! The front desk staff was beyond efficient -- he had everything ready for me when I arrived, and the room was quite comfortable. I liked the decor. Parking was not a problem. The only downside I could see was that there appeared to be a lack of restaurants in the area. I also stayed at the airport Westin and this hotel was far and above the superior hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo