SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$102
$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotwire.com
$109
All reviewsseparate roomsairlines parkingpark and flysleeping areasmall poolshower and toiletdirectly across the streetparking lotearly flightfree parkingcomplimentary breakfastthe hotel offerslight sleeperwafflestwo queen bedsnext morninghotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pros: It is a Marriott and it has all the great features of the chain (Courtyard not included)
Clean, big room, great staff at the check in, close to the airport, nice Marriott breakfast, other food close by (Hilton or Big Boy)... a nice spot to start or end a vacation, I do not know it I would do a long term stay here. A good spot to spend some of your Marriott points.

Cons: close to the airport, it is Detroit area

If I was going and coming to the Detroit area, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: can not help, just a one night stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I booked a bit late for Memorial Day this year so when this was the closest hotel available to downtown Detroit (a 20 minute drive) I wasn't expecting much but we were pleasantly surprised. When you first enter the lobby is very large with a bar and seating front and center. The staff was pleasant and efficient (although in the morning we noticed they weren't always readily available at the desk but appeared from a back room quickly enough).

Our room was on the top (4th) floor and was amazing, very new and clean-feeling. There is a sitting area and desk separate from the bed, closet and bathroom with a tv that can swivel either way between the two areas. The bathroom in our room (I'm not sure if it is so in all rooms) were separate -- toilet and sink in one with a larger sink and vanity area in the other with a large shower. There was no bath tub, just the shower.

The pool and whirpool was the biggest disappointment in this hotel, it was VERY small, no towels were readily available and there was a family of 8 using the entire pool and being VERY loud which the staff made no moves to deal with. Also, the hotel guides in the room says the pool is open 24 hours but hotel staff and the sign on the pool room door says it is only open until 11pm with no adult only hours.

There is a nice restaurant with decent food and service across the way at the hotel next door, this hotel does not offer room service. There is a small corner market with the necessities, food and drink available next to the check-in desk and ice machine and pop dispenser on each floor. There is a great free continental breakfast from 5:30-9:30am I believe were the hours with cereal, waffles, yogurt, toast, english muffins, muffins, milk, coffee, orange and apple juice and much more.

We booked with waiving cancellation and received a discount that put our stay at under $100, so all in all I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area! Should also note there is a shuttle to the airport available for those leaving from Detroit Airport and a very short ways away there is a long term parking lot that you could easily walk to this hotel from.

Room Tip: You can select floor, pillow and more options when booking online.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Used the park and fly package and enjoyed a modern, well done room. The airport parking is directly accross the street with immediate shuttle to the airport. Have stayed in other area hotels and decided to try SpringHill because it is newer. The room hit the mark are comparable to other rooms we have stayed in nearby but was much newer and more modern. Since the price is the same, it is just a better buy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We needed a quite room for a good night sleep for our early morning flight. They said no problem. They also do a park & fly option which is very helpful. Although there is no restaurant, there is one right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: top floor on the end are the best for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I booked this hotel due to the proximity to the airport and the park and fly feature. The hotel was very clean and modern looking. It is nestled among other hotels. There is a restaraunt in the hotel next to it within walking distance. navigating the roads leading into the hotel area and crossing over to the parking lot prove a little challenging but we made it. There is a nice common area and a small bar for drinks in the lobby. After settling in for the night I realizes the occupants across the hall were in a festive mood. This wasnt a problem at first. However, since I had to catch an early flight and needed to get some sleep I needed some quiet. I layed in bed for over an hour listening to their yelling, laughing, and slamming doors before I called the front desk. The attendant came up and politely asked them to keep it down. That lasted all of 5 minutes. I think they eventually tired out around 1 a.m. Then I woke up to whoever was in the room above walking back and forth for an hour. So I question how sound proof the building is. I made sure to let the desk know my displeasure when I checked out. The room itself was very unique and The stool and showers had separate rooms. There was a nice little living room area as well. Had I not been in a room across from the party it may have been a better stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family