SpringHill Suites Detroit Metro Airport Romulus
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I checked in on 2/23/13 for one night. The lobby appeared to be very clean and it had a nice fireplace. Upon entering our room, we found it to be energy efficient because we had to put our key in the energy slot by the door to turn on the lights. The room was a typical Springhill Suite and seemed to be clean until I stepped into the bathrooms. The bathroom with the toilet in it appeared to have some splatters of (only God knows) what on the wall and there were clippings of toe nails by the toilet. DISGUSTING! Then I go into the bathroom with the shower and their was mold growing up the bathroom wall. YES, MOLD! I immediately called the front desk and they came up to inspect. We were only going to be there for one night and we were busy getting ready for a concert, so we did not have time to change rooms, etc. So we opted to deal with the room for the night. Well, at least the bedding was clean and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our first time staying at a SpringHill Suites and it turned out to be very pleasant. The hotel is very easy to find right off the highway next to the Detroit Airport.

The good: The staff were very nice upon check in. The room itself was a very chic, good size, and the toilet is in a seperate area from the shower which is nice if you are traveling as couple (more on the toilet below). Bed was average comfort, nothing to make you go ooohh-ahhh, just average. Breakfast was a good selection of food, and the coffee was decent.

The ok, but not great things (in other words things that didn't bother us a lot, but they may bother you): The room did have some wear and tear, noticable dings here and there. If you sat in the desk chair, you basically laid down, the chair reclined all the way back. We looked for an adjustment on the chair but there was none. Last small pillows, had lots of pillows, they were all just little square pillows.

The only thing that bothered us was the translucent glass on the bathroom door. It looks great, but if somebody gets up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night the bathroom light comes blasting through that translucent glass and brightens up the entire room for the person who is sleeping. With the glass you also get a perfect shadow figure view of the person in the bathroom. Thus beware if your privacy in the bathroom is an issue.

One last thing there was a bar but it wasn't open. You would think it would be open on a Friday night. Pretty big lost opportunity for the hotel as lots of guests were going next door to the Holiday Inn Bar and Grill which was nice.

Overall the Springhill was a decent place and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank starchild101
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'm a Marriott fan and have been part of their rewards program for 15 years. This place was a disappointment. A minor note was that they didn't recognize me as a rewards member. This would not be an issue except that Marriott regularly asks me if I was recognized as a member when I checked in. I think they were understaffed, because when I needed something in my room that should have been there I was told to come down to the desk to get it. Now, I was ready to come down anyways, but thought they would offer to deliver before I offered to pick it up myself. About the cleanliness, there was evidence that people were, ah, intimate on the couch. Good for them, but I'd rather not be aware. I fantasized that the the dull red stain on the carpet was part of a murder scene. (Hey, it made for a better story than a pizza that may have fallen upside down.) There was evidence that the person who vacumned the place might be in need of an eye exam. It was not clean. The service was not great. It was a disappointment. I stayed at two other Springhill Suites within weeks of this stay, both were a darn sight better than this one. It was by far my worst experience with a Marriott managed hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2013

As we entered the lobby, we stumbled upon a small bar and many young children running around it. Lots of screaming and playing at the bar!!
The rooms were poorly decorated. The furniture was very tacky.Not the cleanest place either. Walls were paper thin and we were woken up 3 times through the night because of it. Whoever is running this hotel does not do a very good job of keeping things updated and tidy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stay at these all over the country and this one is upscale and modern. Nice decor to the rooms. Separate bath from shower. Nice amenities. Bar downstairs. Large room for the price. Problem with Marriotts is their lesser hotels vary greatly from one to the other.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great location for pre-flight and Great Price. Breakfast was great hot and fresh buffet style. Room was huge with modern feel. Staff was very friendly. Shuttle is very quick however it does stop at the neighboring hotels but it got us there super fast and the driver took us right to the gate for our airline.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Clean hotel with a affordable sleep and fly package, shuttle only a few minutes to airport and close to a few restaurants, about 15 minute drive to shopping, conveniently close to interstate. Free internet

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family