“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient”

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Phoenix, Arizona
“Clean, Comfortable, Convenient”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had a very pleasant weekend stay here. The staff at the bar and in the hotel cafe were all incredibly friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and the bed quite comfortable.

Regarding location, the hotel is of course close to the airport in Romulus, which isn't exactly a bustling area. But it's very convenient for flights and has easy access to I-94. I was going to Ann Arbor once or twice each day during my trip and the 25 minute drive was a breeze.

There was a junior hockey league tournament going on in the area, meaning that there were many 12-14 year old boys jumping around, but my sleep was not disturbed.

Thank you Embassy Suites - Romulus for an excellent stay. The friendliness of the staff really left me with a pleasant impression of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Ontario
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Recently stayed at this hotel after returning from a trip. The hotel was very clean, the staff friendly and accomodating. The hotel breakfast offered many choices, including much better than your usual hotel coffee. There is a Starbucks onsite. The rooms are modern with 2 flat screen tvs. I did like that the rooms could be divided by a doorway.

My children absolutely loved the indoor/outdoor pool!

My only negatives: I would echo the statement of others that the air conditioners are very noisy. I turned down the thermostat just so it wouldn't come on anymore. I literally could not hear the tv in the same room with the air conditioner running. Secondly, the rooms do have a bit of a funny smell. I asked to be moved from my first room because I thought it smelled like someone had been smoking in there. The second room wasn't much better so wither these used to be smoking rooms or they just had an odd smell.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Katy, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed two nights at this airport property

First the good points: nice clean room, air craft noise not too bad (see below) & a very good breakfast.

But the bad;

I have stayed in hundreds of hotel rooms, from five star resorts to Motel 6 & I have never heard a more noisy room air con unit. It came on with a bang & then had a loud rumble sound. OK any hotel can have one bad unit but on the first morning (before I left for a meeting) I complained to the hotel reception staff & I was told their maintenance person would repair it right away.

Returned to the room late in the PM & NOTHING had been done. The unit was still noisy & no offer from the hotel to move me to another room. So I assume ALL their air con units sounded like this.

So if you decide to stay at this property bring your ear plugs but you will not hear the planes the air con unit will drown out any noise a mere air craft can make. Also don’t bother complaining since the hotel will do nothing!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
butler, pa
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed here to attend the 2010 Thunder Over Michigan airshow. We stayed two nights, and were very pleased with the room and the hotel itself. Check-in was a breeze and the room suited our needs wonderfully. The outdoor pool area is very attractive and quiet, as it's in a courtyard removed from traffic noise. The reason I'm writing is due to the customer care we received. The second night there, while sitting at the pool, we witnessed some teenagers throwing some of the deck furniture into the pool. When someone came to do a routine cleaning of the pool, my husband alerted them to what had happened, and when asked, who had done it. The item was removed from the pool and the offenders removed from the pool area. As a thank-you to my husband, we were given a free On-Demand movie and a pizza by the maintenance man. These kids were an anomaly, and the rest we saw in the pool area were well-behaved and well-supervised. We were quite surprised by the hotel's actions, and my husband said he didn't need anything, but they apologized for the situation and said we "shouldn't have had to put up with that". A great, and increasingly rare, example of good customer service, and we will definitely return to this hotel when we attend the 2011 airshow!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Shorewood, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Just returned from a trip to Detroit to visit Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village and Comerica Park. We are a family of five and didn't want to be too far away from the attractions in Dearborn, but wanted more space that a suite would provide. We selected this hotel based on the price and we were amazed at what a great value it was. To start, the breakfast was absolutely fantastic... kids loved the made-to-order eggs and waffles! I hate to admit it but there were so many options that my husband and I agreed we would have paid $25 - 30 for the meal at a restaurant. The pool is hugely important to our family and this one was among the nicest for this type of hotel. Workers were cleaning the pool every morning, landscaping was really nice and the kids loved swimming from outdoors to indoors and back again. The rooms were a little dated (absolutely fine but not at the same level as the common areas of the hotel) and cable channels were limited (we were not able to watch Mad Men:(... but these are very minor concerns overall. I will point out that the hotel is very close to the airport and you can hear planes a lot. We do have one light sleeper and this was a little bit of an issue but the positives FAR outweight the negs. Travel time to Dearborn was about 15 mins and to downtown Detroit/ Comerica Park was about 30ish. We very much enjoyed our stay and are still amazed at what a great value it was.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna D
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We wanted to stay at a cheap hotel near Dearborn, MI, and got this hotel through Priceline. We paid only $50/night, so we weren't expecting much.
We got to the hotel and checked in, lobby is beautiful, staff very friendly. We were right by the airport. We were asked if we needed a shuttle, etc. The front desk clerk told us about the free hot breakfast, the free cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and pool.
When we got to our room, on the 2nd floor, we were amazed! You walk into a counter with sink, microwave, and fridge, desk, pull out couch, tv.... and that was just the first room. You open up the slatted doors to the king size bed, another tv, HUGE bathroom and beautiful windows. The alarm clock even had an ipod charger/jack. The room was absolutely spotless, and the maid did a full clean on the 2nd day. I find most maids just tidy up, but she did it all, so we left her a good tip.
Pool was nice, didn't use it, because it was too busy. The breakfast was amazing! Custom made omelettes, bacon, sausage, eggs, fruit, everything you could want for a breakfast. It was a breakfast buffett you would easily pay $15 for at a restaurant. The manager even came around to make sure everything was ok.
Next time we are in the detroit area we will definitely be staying here. Although it was a bit of a drive from Dearborn, and Detroit, it's worth it!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrea K
COLUMBIA
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The Hotel Was Okay , But For The Cost Could Have Been Better. I Was Disappointed With The Hot Tub Not Working During My Stay. I Also Was Disappointed That Breakfast Buffet Did Not Take In Consideration That Not Every One Eats Pork.(MUSLIMS OR OTHER RELIGIONS). The Cook Who Made Breakfast Was Very Friendly And Courteous. The Egg White Omelets She Cooked Were Great. The Manager That Was on duty when I checked in was very helpful with A situation I found my self needing an extra room at the same rate as the room i had reserved.

• Stayed July 2010