Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
“Wow!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2006

Had to stay an extra night and was unable to stay at Marriott so I gave the HIlton a try.

Great service and comped cookies and snacks dropped at your door.

Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed February 28, 2006

This is my 7th Stay at this property......We stayed there on the night of the 16th of Febuary for an early departure the next day... The Hilton Suites Is Very Well Kept up. The staff was really frindly. The pool was nice- indor/outdor-nice temprature. We didn't stay for the Breakfest but we got drink cards in exchage for the breakfest cupons... Only problem was the room was that it was a little small for four people. Fitness Center & the pool was nice...... I thought the hotel was well worth the money. I'll tell you this is one of the nicest hotel in the Romulus area besides the Westin.....By the way this hotel was renovated sice I last there which was a year ago...

You can call up there.....If you have the entertaiment card they will give you a awsome price for the room $95.00 for us that night.......Ask for a manager...

• Stayed February 2006
Syracuse
Reviewed February 26, 2006

We stayed for one night during a layover. The lobby and rooms were shabby. The pillows were quite hard. The staff was friendly bringing extra towels and a pillow within minutes. We didn't notice any airport noise (we do sleep with ear plugs). The price on hilton.com was $79. The Westin at the airport was $95 online-which would seem to be worth it. We only chose the Hilton because with 2 teenagers, we needed more sleeping space.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank syracusenewyork
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed October 28, 2005

After reading the reviews I was very concerned and was looking for somewhere else to stay, but for no reason. Our room, second floor, was very nice, clean, and spacious. The staff was very accommodating. All in all I was thrilled. The entrance, bar, and cafe were upscale. Was a little noisy with the airport next door, but that's to be expected with the airport next door....I was traveling without my husband, was actually traveling with my mom, felt very secure, and again everything went very smooth and all was well.

Reviewed July 4, 2005

I only stayed one night.

I arrived late (9:45 pm), found my room. Needed a working fridge to keep some food items cool, but it was not to be. Improvised by getting ice from the ice machine down the hall and turning the fridge into an ice-chest. The ice machine had quite a bit of green-and-brown stuff growing in it, so I had to be careful none of the contaminated ice melted onto my food. Being as I'd had an early start (4:00 am), a long workday, and an early start scheduled for the next morning; I'd rather have spent my time sleeping.

Shaving the next morning was a bit of a trick, since the lights over the mirror wouldn't come on (they'd worked the night before). I found if you wiggled the switch a few dozen times they'd come on. OK for a Motel 6, but not for a Hilton.

On the plus side, every person I met was friendly and nice; they changed my opinion of Detroit. If only their property wasn't falling down around their ears.

Anybody who pays the standard rate of $165 per night is getting robbed. Our discount brought the price down to $107, but that's still too much for what you get here.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed June 11, 2005

I was not impressed with this hotel. When we arrived, the lobby and restaurant area were very warm because the air conditioning was out (it was 90 degrees outside). The clerk at the desk said it had been out for 2-3 weeks! When we entered our room it, too, was hot. I was told to "reset" the air conditioning, but that did not work. Called down to the desk and they said we would have to change rooms (it was 10:30 at night and we were already in our PJ's!). New room was much cooler and the beds were very comfortable, but the pillows were extremely flat. Requested pillows from the front desk, who said they would "try to find some". They never showed up. Also, we were having trouble getting our Nintendo controller to work; called down to the desk & were told someone would be up--they never showed either. Kids went down to the pool to swim but there was a big group of drunks being obnoxious, so they came back after only 20 minutes. No game room in this hotel either (despite some websites saying they had one). Rates are way too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed June 2005
Reviewed May 7, 2005

Chose the hotel due to its location to DTW. The suites were small, not impressed. Stayed at many hotels and found that Hilton should include immenities it offers at their affiliate hotels, ie Hampton Inn. For less money, Hampton offers a continental breakfast and morning paper. For double the price I was offered a 50% off breakfast coupon which was available after my flight departed. Pillows were lumpy and room was uninviting due to the sink and faucet area directly across from the bed other than in the bathroom. Thanks for nothing.

• Stayed April 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!