“Perfect for an early flight”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
New Jersey
“Perfect for an early flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is only a few minutes from the airport and offers a free shuttle every 15 minutes. The rooms are very clean and they have an indoor and outdoor pool that is very nice. The free breakfast was very nice and they offer great snacks and a free drink your first night. It's a great hotel for getting to the airport quickly but may not be the best option if you don't need to be close the airport because it is not close to any of the local attractions.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great place to park and fly from, provides excellent service, is clean and good value for your money. Also a great place to go for a quick get away or a shopping trip. Has good amenities, small exercise room, nice indoor pool with hot tub, outdoor pool has lounges to enjoy some sunshine, the evening managers special and the excellent cook to order breakfast is a fantastic deal and having a restaurant right there also makes it convenient for lunch or supper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a smaller Embassy Suites, only 3 floors. It appears to be a newer hotel, room was clean and large, typical of an ES. Great breakfast and cocktail hour each day. What sets this one apart is the service. Everyone there was ready to please. They have a shuttle that will not only take you to the airport but they'll take you to dinner, shopping, pretty much anywhere in the local area and then come back and pick you up. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Always a nice stay. Great happy hour and breakfast with very good service. Rooms were very clean. Only two minor complaints : air conditioning is a bit noisy and there are no signs pointing out which way to go to find your room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Xenia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recent stay was outstanding! Everything you want and at an affordable family price! I would recommend to anyone looking for a pleasant family stay or for business. The rooms are very clean, quiet, and spacious!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at three different rooms in three hotels in Detroit in July and August. First we stayed one night at Embassy suites close to Detroit Metro airport, then Residence Inn by Marriott Troy in Madison Heights and finally Fairfield Inn and Suites in Farmington Hills
Something that was unknown to me before travelling to Detroit was that there are perhaps tens of districts and small cities in Detroit. Trip advisor does not help for those of us Europeans who do not know this and search for hotels in “Detroit” only. There are also many hotels from the same chain in each county making it all very confusing.
We stayed for one night at Embassy suites before renting a car and going to Toronto. My info from Embassy suites is therefore very limited. The hotel was old and at 4 am suddenly the fire alarm went off. No explanations to the reason and you can guess how we felt travelling from Sweden. The hotel pool is both indoor and connected to outdoor. The water in the pool was cold and not cleaned. Breakfast was good and with multiple choices. You can have your omelet made for you. Rooms were old. I loved the small garden as it was the first time in my life I saw a humming bird close to me. Our room faced ventilations and was really noisy. This hotel has free shuttles to the airport. The shuttles for all hotels are close and call the hotel after you passed through all controls because it juts takes the driver 10 minutes to come to the airport.
After coming back from Toronto we stayed at Residence Inn for 13 nights. We had booked this hotel via Hotels.com for three weeks and though we booked with possibility of cancellation we misunderstood that we can even shorten our visit. This was due to problem with hotels.com info. This hotel is old and in desperate need of renovation. The breakfast is ok but the breakfast lady during weekdays makes very watery waffle batter and stops you from using the machine. The housekeeping is the worse I have seen in US. Despite the house manager whose name I have forgotten promised to check our two rooms, they were not cleaned by any standards. Everyday shampoos or something was missing and we had to go and ask for it. The pool is outside and cold and in contrast to the other two hotels there is no Jacuzzi. There is however a gas grill and basket field. No gyms. The price for laundry is higher than Fairfield Inn. The TVs are not working. Nine of the channels were having problems. Having a small kid made all the difference and therefore we moved. We talked several times to the manager and he could not fix it. At the end we asked for discount and he discounted one night which we thought was two low, basically meaning 3% for the two rooms we had rented. We therefore moved to Fairfield where the hotel was better and 30 dollars per night cheaper! This hotel is the only one with kitchen.
We checked several other hotels. One was Fairfield Inn which was much closer to where we wanted to go. Sylvia at the reception was extremely friendly and helpful. The water temperature in the pool was very pleasant, the type you just can get into without needing to warm up. There is jacuzzi and good breakfast with few more choices though not like Embassy suites. No free dinner on some nights like Residence Inn. Clean and quite rooms. This hotel is not available on hotels.com. Enough breakfast place unlike Residence Inn. None of the hotels have in room safes, which was not nice. All had very fast internet connection.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I personally really like Embassy Suites. They have good service and their workers are relatively nice and willing to help out. The hotel is in good shape, everything is pretty new and clean. I would recommend it to everyone, it was a good stay.

I went with my family to Embassy Suites Detroit Metro Airport for our vacation, we stayed for one night with a 50% off coupon that I got off an auction online. I would have said that the price was too high for a 3.5 star hotel, but with the coupon, it is totally worth it. The original price was about $100 and it included a King-size bed and a sofa-bed with two TVs and was the largest hotel that I went to.
My family enjoyed it as well, they said that it was clean and that it was a good stay. The bed was pretty comfortable but the AC was a bit loud. The washroom was really clean and looked good and new. They cleaned our room in the morning, a bit too early if I were to say, but they did do a good job.
Just for about $50, my family got one night in a hotel and an awesome hot breakfast that was added in the package of the hotel. Their food tasted fresh, and was delicious! I absolutely love the way how they make their omelettes with cheese and whatever you want in it. I had to say that it was probably the best breakfast service that I got in my whole trip.
They had a very cute pool, in which you can swim outside and inside by going under a glass wall. Right on the side of it, there was a hot-tub that was just so relaxing and awesome to go in. The water was hot, but not too hot, just how I like it. They also have a mini fitness center that, well, has all of the basic things like treadmills and weights but it can be improved.
The only thing about this hotel is that it is right beside the airport. It is safe, but a little loud when the planes fly. That's probably the only con about this hotel. I really liked it!

I'd say that it is worth the stay.
Thanks for reading my review. If it helped you, please leave a "helpful vote".

Room Tip: Any floor is good, any room is good, the hotel is really good!