Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
PlanetX
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 19, 2008

This was an EXCELLENT place to stay. Friendly, capable staff. Nice breakfast, cooked to order by a friendly and talented cook and a super friendly shuttle bus driver. Whatever they're doing at this hotel, they should keep it up...the rooms are super clean and nicely decorated. The food is great. And their employees are happy and that translates into them being pleasant and courteous and... I was very pleased, would want to stay there again and again.

• Liked — nice accommodations, airport shuttle, free hot breakfast, friendly staff...
  • Disliked — nothing...quite pleased
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank QueensLace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Chatham Ontario
Reviewed May 14, 2008

Got this threw Price Line at a great rate
But i would book this hotel at there rack rate I was so happy with it
Big clean rooms, free breakfast excellent location to airport

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2008

This is now an Embassy Suites! WOW

The former Hilton has shed it former self and is now an amazing Embassy Suites. The moth is now a butterfly. This by far one of the nicest hotels in the airport area. It blows the near by Crown Plaza away. The Westin on the airport grounds is nicer but $$$$.

The hip lobby features the new style of check in counters, a large wi-fi area for sitting, a bar for the nightly reception (weekends too) and a deli with starbucks coffee. The area also has the complimentary cooked to order breakfast buffet. Try the hot breakfast smoothies! All common area are done in a very hip chic open style.

The gym is large. Treadmills with TV and dumbbells. Very nice. The only draw back is that the gym is off the main lobby. So you have to walk across the lobby to the gym and back all sweaty. The lobby is that nice that it makes you feel bad about this. There is a pool but it is not finished yet.

The rooms are outstanding. Two flat screens! Desk and sofa in the sitting room, a hip bathroom and a nice large comfy bed. There is also a microwave and refer in the room. I could live here….oh wait I almost do.

There is also full service kitchen for room service. And post reception the deli has beer and sodas for sale.

The airplane noise is minimal but noticeable. The heating and cooling are left over from it former self so dated. The windows don’t open due to the airport noise so finding the right temp is a bit of a struggle.

The hotel is understated only 3 stories around a courtyard. But it is worth looking for!

• Liked — presentation of common areas
  • Disliked — walk across the lobby to get to the gym
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank oldensign
ORANGE COUNTY, CA
Reviewed March 30, 2007

I stayed here 1 week on a business trip and the hotel was inexpensive and comfortable. The beds are pillow top and are comfortable plus you have a fridge and coffeemaker in the room. I would suggest bringing earplugs as it can be noisy due to being close to the airport and the staff dropping newspapers in the halls early in the morning. It was clean, comfortable and for the price of $110 a night, it was a great value. I have stayed in much worse for alot more money. If you are a starbucks fan you will be disappointment as the free coffee in the rooms is not very good but good luck in trying to find a starbucks within 10 miles of this location, you have to go to Dearborne.

• Stayed March 2007
1 Thank ROSEOC
Ontario
Reviewed January 12, 2007

We stayed one night before catching an early flight. Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The suite was beautiful and spacious. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
Riverside, CA
Reviewed November 9, 2006

They weren't kidding when they included "airport" in the name of this hotel. While the proximity was certainly convenient, the poor soundproofing made it seem like my room was on the runway! The building literally shook every time a plane was landing. I've stayed in many "airport" hotels, and have never experienced this level of noise. Check-in was a pain. I booked a king, non-smoking room. When I got to the assigned room, I could smell smoke in the hallway. The door did not have the non-smoking sign that many others did. When I tried the key, it did not work. After schlepping all the way back to the desk with my luggage (my room was as far from the desk as possible), they told me I had booked a smoking room. I produced my confirmation from the Hilton website that proved otherwise. Naturally, they did not have any non-smoking, king rooms left (why is this always such a problem?), so I got stuck with two doubles. The breakfast buffet was poorly stocked, and the staff was slow to replenish items as they ran out (example: no bacon for 40 minutes). If I have occasion to stay in the area again, I will definitely try a different hotel.

• Liked — Proximity to airport
  • Disliked — Noise from airport
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank RaymondD
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed September 11, 2006

When we checked in on a Friday, mind you I had my 3 daughters (ranging in age from 10-15) with me. The front desk clerk was a little abrupt and curt with me. She spoke to me as if I was a second class 'ghetto' citizen. I am very well spoken and did not appreciate this. Another thing that I didn't like was that she gave me a policy to sign, stipulating that I couldn't bring liquor in the room, the room couldn't be occupied by more than the allotted people, no parties or get togethers, etc. I was extremely offended.

I am certain that they don't treat their business customers (i.e. Caucasian males) this way? I'm way too old to have a rambunctious hotel party. Although I rented two rooms for one night, it was only because my townhouse isn't large enough to accommodate 6 children. It was just a simple sleepover before they went back to school. No where on the Hilton website was I informed of such a policy. Had I known beforehand I would have gone elsewhere.

This is the second time that I have had an issue with Hilton Suites in the Metro Detroit area. The last being at Hilton Suites, Auburn Hills, MI. I know after this stay I will not be staying at any Hilton brand hotels in the Metro Detroit area, because I know I deserve to be treated better.

The pool area is nice, having an indoor and outdoor area. However there is a treadmill in the hallway near the elevator. The rooms are a little smaller than what you would expect for Hilton Suites, but yet they are sufficient.

Stayed August 2006