“Home Away From Home”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were here with my son's hockey team and everything just went wonderfully, from booking the rooms to the stay to the customer service we received on-site. The rooms were super comfy and super clean. Many of the families hung out in the lobby and it was just like having a giant living room. The staff was very accommodating and very friendly. My only complaint is that I was awoken both nights to the sound of my neighbor urinating, so the walls are pretty thin - but the beds were super comfortable and the room was great!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Embassy the night before we flew out of Detroit on our last few vacations. We decided this is going to become a habit of ours! The rooms are soooooo wonderful....clean, roomy, and comfortable! We love the happy hour and appetizers in the lounge area in the evenings, and the food off the menu is good and competitively priced.

Staying the night before an early flight is just so convenient! We took our vehicle to the airport the night before, was shuttled back to the hotel, then taken to the airport in the morning.....Park and Fly. We feel well taken care of! Although breakfast is offered, we have always left very early and only enjoyed their coffee in the morning!

The staff is very friendly. We only had one small issue with one clerk who said our credit card wouldn't go through, so we had to use another. We were concerned and called the company who said there should have been no problem. We felt the staff should have made that call instead of letting us worry about a potential problem.

Room Tip: We've never asked for anything in particular except for one on the first floor. It's probab...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here on December 31st after standing by for 5 flights. It was a restful evening and great hot breakfast the following day! You can usually depend on a wonderful stay in a clean, comfy room. The bar area and restaurant were combined. This was New's Eve so not much action here.
Menu was very simple but my Bloody Mary was excellent and my friend and I ordered food and had it delivered.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Hotel rooms have been updated as well as lobby. The rest of the property is plain tired. Shuttle service to and from airport every 20 minutes. I'll probably try the Hilton garden Inn next time and see how it compares.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
LoraL-ESDTW, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our property to be somewhat dated. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.

Lora Levendoski
Director of Sales & Catering

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for one night but was really impressed. The pics of the rooms online are exact. Rooms were clean, comfortable and modern. Hotel amenities were great. One of the better gyms I have been in for a hotel, very clean . Breakfast was really good with a full selection and an omelette station. Nice touch. I would highly recommend and would return without question.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms are extremely dated! The pic online are deceiving. The furniture appears to be out of the late 70's early 80's. The sheets and comforter were very dingy. The windows were so dirty until I could not see outside. Parking was terrible and dangerous. There were a few parking spots along side of the building. The majority of the parking was in the back where you have to either enter the hotel through the back door or walk around the building where lighting is very poor. The best parts about this hotel are the lobby area, fitness room and the Manager's Reception. Again the rooms are dated, dirty and don't forget about the parking lot! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Regina C

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you found our property to be somewhat dated. In addition, In addition, I apologize if you found our property was dirty. I have already contacted our housekeeping staff and made sure our property as cleaned thoroughly. I truly regret if you were disappointed in any way and sincerely apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.

Lora Levendoski
Director of Sales & Catering

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my son's hockey tournament with some other families from our team. This hotel is excellent! Top notch just like all Embassy Suites. I highly recommend this hotel and other Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Holiday Inn Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!