“Great room and complimentary breakfast”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Great room and complimentary breakfast”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel hosted our hockey team of 10 year olds.The rooms were spacious. Request the double room with pullout for larger families. The hotel had a great snack area to purchase sandwiches and snacks from. The cheesesteak sandwich and pasta was good. The pasta was a very economical selection. There aren't very many restaurants in the area even though it is near the airport. The breakfast included made to order pancakes and omelettes. The breakfast area was also a great place for the families to hangout.

We would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Atlanta, Michigan
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel has a great bunch of employee's who all seem to welcome you, as if you are one of the own family members.. I have been around the world some and This hotel show's alot of Love and Class with everyone they deal with. From the Front desk to Housekeeping.. And the Food and beverage's I had during my stay... May be a smaller hotel, But the employee's truely keep it above all the rest at Detroit Metro Airport... Would not refer anywhere's else... Thanks

Room Tip: If you want a friendy staff and clean hotel with great food.. This is the one..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank j s
cabo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Make sure you call ahead to make sure there are NO teams of hockey players!!! What a nightmare We got no sleep the kids were runing and screaming all night. This hotel does not care if you are a hilton honors they have a special desk for check in, no one is there , what a joke I stood in line for 30 minutes to ckeck in, one person, why be a hilton honors if they do not honor it. I am wondering why hilton would have a property like this? Why would you not put guests like us in another part of the hotel? The hotel is not like a real Embassy Suite no atrium ,no real door between rooms. We stay at Hiltons 100 nights a year, we love Embassy Suits , this was not a embassy suite, shame on hilton for allowing this.I will be letting Hilton know how bad this was, you should have refunded us, if you can not sleep thats a problem!!!!! I will say the reception was very nice and the breakfast was great, Our room smelled like smoke, I called to let the desk know, oh well WHAT?!?! So I wonder if the teams were not there if things would have been better, either way you should have tried to work with us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mandy3011
London, Canada
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at an Embassy once before and saw that there was another one close to the Detroit Airport and knew we would get a great room and wouldn't be disappointed. We ate at the restaurant for supper and were able to have the free drinks and appetizers from the managers reception while we ate. The hotel and rooms were clean, you can not bet the price you pay for the room and all the things you get with it. We were able to have the free breakfast in the morning before catching our flight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gauthroy
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel represents the Embassy Suites brand well. The rooms are very nice, updated, and spacious. Their breakfast is awesome. I only stayed here one night as I missed my connecting flight and had to stay the night. SUGGESTION: If you miss your connecting flight with Delta and have to spend the night in Detroit don’t take their free hotel night at a hotel of their choice. Tell them per their published guidelines you are requesting a $100 travel voucher in exchange for the room. Then, stay at this hotel instead. You will pay a little more than the $100 but it is well worth the money. I have stayed at the hotels the airline puts you at and they are not very nice at all. From now on I will always take the voucher and stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Man I am glad I stayed here. I was a little weary when I drove up to the hotel because of its proximity to the airport and surrounding area. However, when I entered the lobby, I felt as if I was at this shiek hotel in south florida or manhattan.

The common area is new, modern and clean. Check-in was a breeze and I was given room 308.

My room was awesome! Large, spacious and well decorated. I also faced the courtyard of the hotel, so the outside noise was minimal.

I had lots of room to spread out. The desk in my room was large and the internet worked fast. I loved the two TV's and appreciated the fact that I could watch TV while sitting on my couch as well as when I was laying in bed.

At night I was able to drive to a great sports bar - to the left (out of the hotel) on Merriman road called Airport Wheat & Rye where I ate and drank like a king (for only $25).

Breakfast the next day was fantastic. I had a white egg omlete that was as good as any I had in a restaurant.

One thing for sure; next time I travel to the area on business, I have the perfect place for me to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night January 3rd....booked my room off priceline...

Lobby atmosphere was great....arrived too late for the manager's reception...went down the street for a burger at the Merriman Grill...no issues there

....very comfortable bed...made for a great sleep

...breakfast was solid at the hotel

...all 2 room suites and all non-smoking rooms

...easy check in / easy check out

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ReggieDunlop27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
Comfort Inn Metro Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Metro Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!