“Wow, what a great hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Romulus
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Man I am glad I stayed here. I was a little weary when I drove up to the hotel because of its proximity to the airport and surrounding area. However, when I entered the lobby, I felt as if I was at this shiek hotel in south florida or manhattan.

The common area is new, modern and clean. Check-in was a breeze and I was given room 308.

My room was awesome! Large, spacious and well decorated. I also faced the courtyard of the hotel, so the outside noise was minimal.

I had lots of room to spread out. The desk in my room was large and the internet worked fast. I loved the two TV's and appreciated the fact that I could watch TV while sitting on my couch as well as when I was laying in bed.

At night I was able to drive to a great sports bar - to the left (out of the hotel) on Merriman road called Airport Wheat & Rye where I ate and drank like a king (for only $25).

Breakfast the next day was fantastic. I had a white egg omlete that was as good as any I had in a restaurant.

One thing for sure; next time I travel to the area on business, I have the perfect place for me to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night January 3rd....booked my room off priceline...

Lobby atmosphere was great....arrived too late for the manager's reception...went down the street for a burger at the Merriman Grill...no issues there

....very comfortable bed...made for a great sleep

...breakfast was solid at the hotel

...all 2 room suites and all non-smoking rooms

...easy check in / easy check out

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ReggieDunlop27
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Wonderful stay! The staff greeted our team when we checked in. All rooms were ready as promised.
Evening reception included mixed drinks and beer as well as munchies complimentary for 2 hours!
Breakfast was plentiful with lots of variety and a cook to order omelette bar.
Nice rooms, clean and spacious.
Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I am so happy we chose to stay at this hotel again before flying out for our vacation .... Absolutely beautiful lobby , everyone is so friendly and helpful from the front desk staff to the girl making the free drinks during the managers reception ... The rooms are great with 2 rooms , one with a couch and flat screen tv and the other the bedroom also with its own 32 inch flat screen. It is such a great savings to be able to have free drinks and snackies (nachos , peanuts , popcorn) every night during the managers reception from 5:30 to 7:30 , and then a free hot breakfast which includes made to order omelettes, bacon , sausage ,oatmeal , youghurt and lots of different pastries . Even gave my hubby and I a late checkout due to the fact that our flight was not until late afternoon . Definately will not stay anywhere else when flying out of Detroit !

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, wonderful complimentary breakfast buffet, rooms so clean you could eat off the floor. For the price this hotel is an extremely good value! Staff extremely helpful and accommodating. Would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ABBIE7878
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff here is soooo rude! The breakfast staff with exception of the lady (Vicki) making the omelettes were rude and unfriendly! Terrible!
On Saturday morning, one of the breakfast staff was moping the floors and kept sighing when guest would walk through. She had both sections blocked off and no way to get around.
After breakfast on Saturday morning, one of the staff a young girl, cam to clean the table, my husband and I both said thank you, got no response which on itself I could care less but when my seven year old son says thank you and she doesn't even respond, that's just bad service.
Rude! And unfriendly is how I will remember this stay.

• Stayed: December 2012
geoffthompsongm, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At Embassy Suites, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our breakfast staff did not provide you the exceptional level of service you deserve. I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. Your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

It is a much older hotel but overall a nice stay. As all. ways with Embassy Suites reception and breakfast were awesome. There are several very good restaurants near by. We will stay here when we return.

• Stayed: December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Romulus
Hampton Inn and Suites Detroit/Airport-Romulus
The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Metro Airport
Detroit Metro Airport Marriott
Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Radisson Hotel Detroit Metro Airport

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Metro Airport? Share your experiences!