“Small town Chinese option better than nothing!”

Chee Peng Chinese and Thai
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Rogers City
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

I'm not a big fan of this style of americanized chinese food. But given the location so far from a Chinese food wholesaler I understand some problems they face. I would return to try again but cautiously. Food was eatable but not polished meal. Start with Pad Thia there are many styles to making this dish, but over cooked noodles and bean sprouts is not acceptable. No lime, cilantro or crushed peanuts and shrimp tasted like Walmart frozen farm raised shrimp. My son had sesame chicken which ok but a little to sweet. Won ton soup was average and egg drop soup should be called cabbage soup with scrambled eggs. Problems here is lack of freshness served in dishes but given where their location is explains this. Because the meals prices are low and I find it acceptable. If prices would go higher I wouldn't think of returning.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Went as a family of 6 on a Wednesday, later in the evening. We were the only family in the restaurant. Water and tea were promptly placed on the table. Crab Rangoon’s were good. Food was prepared in a timely manner. Egg drop soup is more of a chicken stock with sliced cabbage, carrots and a little egg. I ate cashew chicken which included Chinese vegetables and somewhat thin sliced chicken in a brown sauce. I found the chicken to be a little stringy/tough texture. Others at the table ordered shrimp and were pleased. Service was fair. They were out of fried rice so white steamed rice was our only option. Portions are plenty. As a side note...my leftovers did not turn into “jelly”. Definitely more like a gravy and heated up well (minus the chicken). Next time I will try deep fried chicken or no meat. ***If you want a buffet I believe they have a small one during lunch with limited choices.***

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

While visiting my son and his family this month in beautiful Roger's City...we decided to take out food from this great establishment....very glad we did...ordered a number of dishes and everyone enjoyed their order with vigor! My wife even commented to me about the texture of the white rice....SUPERB! Our next visit will definitely include a visit to this wonderful restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

They have very good Chinese Thai food. There is a buffet on Thursdays. The meals are reasonably priced. Take out is also available.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

We had another good meal. The placed was packed for only one waitress, but that's nothing new. The food is s good and reasonable. We will keep coming back

Date of visit: September 2017