“We Had a Nice Time!”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main, 10 Mile
Description: Situated on the banks of the Rogue River in downtown Rockford, Reds sets the table for an outstanding dining experience. Reds has breathtaking views, Tuscan decor, and an expansive outdoor deck and bar for warm weather fun - or a glowing, massive circular fireplace on white winter evenings. Known for exceptional service and award winning dining, discover for yourself why Reds is so well-known.Private dining accomodations are available in our Riverside Room, for groups up to 35, and includes: •9" ceiling recessed screen •WI FI •Full computer support •Private deck •Private restroom •Private entrance •Dedicated wait staff
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went here for a family birthday dinner (all mid-20s to mid-50s adults). The view from the dining room was really peaceful, and the decor was very classy but comfortable. A lot on their menu sounded great! Too bad I'm pregnant because the wine list looked terrific too. I had the pork cheeks. I was a little worried because I thought it might end up being like pork belly, but it wasn't nearly that fatty. The soup that came in puff pastry was really good too. We had a birthday cake brought in, and the waitstaff was really gracious and cut/served it for us. The coffee came with awesome whipped cream. I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to go back, but the meal I had was pretty memorable!

2  Thank vanitysvial
There are newer reviews for Reds On The River

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went to Reds with great expectations. We heard how cozy the dining room was. When we got there we were seated in a corner and could not even see the fireplace. The wait staff was courteous and friendly. My soup (seafood chowder) had a great presentation, but after the first layer of puff pastry the dough was soggy and unappetizing. My steak was ordered medium. When I received it it was burned on the outside and raw on the inside. I took one bite and all I could taste was burned steak. I did send the steak back because it was rare at best. I got it back well done and still charred to the point of being burned. Beware when you get your plate it is sizzling to the point where you can not touch it to move your plate to cut your meat. My husband's paella was ok. There were generous amounts of seafood in it, but the taste was average. We did finish the meal with the dessert trio which was ok. The peach berry fruit cobbler overwhelmingly tasted of cloves. The berries were mush and the peaches were in huge chunks for such a small dish.
Overall, my husband and myself decided that Reds was average. We could have gotten the same caliber of food at a chain such as Logans or Olive Garden.
The staff however were quite good and to be commended.
For the amount we paid I will save my money and go to Olive Garden with the whole family twice.

2  Thank Rose M
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I dined here and enjoyed the whole experience. Very friendly staff, beautiful dining rooms, great menu selections. We enjoyed the bread, soups, sea bass and grilled vege over pasta. Trio sampler for dessert had generous portions, we were able to split it and it was plenty. Great wine selection too. We will definitely eat here again!

3  Thank GoGreenGoWhite1
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Red's on the River is a destination restaurant in the greater Grand Rapids area! In the summer the wonderful deck overlooking the Rogue River is delightful. The the winter the crackling fire in the dining room provides a warm atmosphere. The menu is decidedly carnivorous with some of the best steaks around! The wine list is very nice, earning it a Wine Spectator award. Even the "by the glass" list is interesting and contains some fine choices. The steaks are expertly prepared and their Torch Lake Chicken is outstanding! The service is classy and attentive. I have not had a bad experience in my many occasions there! Well done!

4  Thank MisplacedHokie
Reviewed December 11, 2012

After a doctor's visit, my sister and I went to Red's for a lovely lunch. The atmosphere was pleasantly quiet with a lovely river view. The service was courteous and prompt with just the right amount of attention. We both had soups one with a salad and the other a sandwich. Delicious! Although it is an hour's drive, I eat there several times a year.

3  Thank rjwMiddleville