“Excellent food, fabulous location”
Review of Reds On The River - CLOSED

Reds On The River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main, 10 Mile
Description: Situated on the banks of the Rogue River in downtown Rockford, Reds sets the table for an outstanding dining experience. Reds has breathtaking views, Tuscan decor, and an expansive outdoor deck and bar for warm weather fun - or a glowing, massive circular fireplace on white winter evenings. Known for exceptional service and award winning dining, discover for yourself why Reds is so well-known.Private dining accomodations are available in our Riverside Room, for groups up to 35, and includes: •9" ceiling recessed screen •WI FI •Full computer support •Private deck •Private restroom •Private entrance •Dedicated wait staff
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great menu with a lot of variety. You must try the lunch special, Lobster Grilled Cheese 1/2 sandwich with tomatoe basil soup. It is at the high end of pricing at $15 but it is worth every bite. The restaurant has a great atmosphere. I only wish they would replace or bleach the awning over the outdoor eating. The mold is a turn off but it does help to focus on the views and sounds of the river.

3  Thank JBBTraveler
There are newer reviews for Reds On The River

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The town of Rockford would be nothing without this fantastic restaurant. From its homey decor inside to its unbelievable riverfront patio, Reds is the place to be. The service is above par thanks to Jodi who was very experienced and knowledgable. A must try is the empanadas and the mouthwatering calamari. Since the seafood is flown in daily I chose the Alaskan halibut for my entree. Cooked perfectly overtop diced potatoes with a great oniony brown sauce. Recommend getting a few lemons on the side. That's just how I enjoy my halibut. My friend had the filiet and it did not last long enough for me to sneak a bite. Must have been good. I am happy I got to experience such a fine restaurant and everytime I travel on the interstate up to big rapids, I will be stopping here.

1  Thank BostonianReporter
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I have been going to Red's occasionally (3-4 times a year, sometimes more, sometimes with guests) since the restaurant has been open, and we both consider it to be a blessing to have a local restaurant in Rockford the quality of Red’s. We have seldom been disappointed in anything we have ordered, and enjoy it both summer and winter. Dining on the deck with a view of the Rogue River on a warm summer night is hard to match anywhere, and the cozy interior near the fireplace on a snowy winter’s night is great atmosphere too. Service (with rare exceptions) is very good, food is excellent, and so is the atmosphere 12 months a year.

Steaks are always excellent (we recommend Delmonico or Filet Mignon), the Salmon is great, as are both the Lobster Paella and Halibut. For appetizers, we like the mussels or firecracker shrimp. Both the Chef’s Island chowder and the French Onion soup are excellent, and salads, toppers and dessert are (if we have room) all satisfying.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent outdoors dining for the Spring Summer and Fall Seasons and a warm friendly interior with an awesome fireplace. The ABSOLUTE BEST Cherry Bread (Filet Mignon Of Breads) that we have ever had, would like to have loaves delivered weekly. Great Service and ambiance.

1  Thank Randy M
Reviewed August 6, 2012

In addition to the picturesque downtown, there is now another reason to visit Rockford. Red's is a very good restaurant, worth the trip from Lansing. Excellent service, good food, interesting menu, great atmosphere (although a little dark). The Calamari was succulent and slightly spicy, and the Eight Layer Lasagna was delicious and not a bit heavy, even on a hot summer evening. Even the whitefish, which I consider a bland fish and not interesting, was flavorful and moist. Decent selection of wines by the glass too.

1  Thank Margaret M