Tripadvisor

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Nice spot for happy hour beverages. LOTS of comfort food offerings. The staff warm & friendly. Environment is a bit cold & sterile...warehouse feel.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (188)

Reviewed September 28, 2019

My wife and I, new to the Rockford area, tried this restaurant after checking some of the other menus as we walked through town on a beautiful, sunny day. I ordered a double-cheeseburger with bacon. My wife had two fo their hot dogs, slathered with mustard, ketchup and dill pickles. We shared a medium fries order (good thing, there was a LOT of fries). The food was fresh and delicious. The fries, in particular, were crisp and clearly not made in advance. We'll be back!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 23, 2019

First time there and loved it. I have heard a lot about The Corner Bar and it was great. Lively with a lot of families and people of all ages. Great selection of items on the menu. Had the Traverse City Chicken Salad and it was great - very fresh. My husband had the Chicago dogs and loved them. We will be back to try more items on the menu.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed July 13, 2019 via mobile

Moved the famed hotdog order booth around to the north side! Why change a good thing! Upon walking inside the place doesn’t have the corner bar feel anymore! Looks like a new style restaurant with minimal seating! Drinks are outrageously priced and dogs are not even close to what made this place what it is, or should I say ~WAS~... very dissenting!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019

I did the challenge back in 1989, the chili dogs were great. I was just there today June
30, 2019. The chili dogs sucked. small dog, dry buns, maybe 2 table spoons of chili sauce. Very disappointing. I sure won't be back. The waitress didn't even give me back the correct change.

Date of visit: June 2019