“Cheers! - to a local legend”
Review of Corner Bar

Corner Bar
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
UK-USA
“Cheers! - to a local legend”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

For me the Corner Bar has for the last 15 years been the only place I would deliberately head for to eat hot dogs, chilli dogs to be precise.

Once after the first two dawgs slipped down so easily, I thought about going for the "12 in 4 hours" that would get my name on a wall plaque, but after a third I was done, and I'm glad about that.

Some locals claim the hot dogs aren't as good as Yesterdog (Grand Rapids), but I've tried those once and I think there are Corner Bar people and Yesterdog people, and that's how it should be.

If I lived nearer than 1000 miles away, I would come here more often than twice a year and I would have something other than chilli dogs and curly fries with cheese dip. The menu has a lot of other good looking stuff, including a decent selection of Mexican dishes which I've seen float by on the way to other tables.

Good selection of beers these days including local craft beers and one of the only Root beers that I might choose instead of a real beer, Henry Warsteiner's draft.

The Corner bar is an American classic. Whether you come with friends or bring the kids, good comfort food, a cold beer and warm service will make you feel right at home.

• Visited June 2013

Rockford, Michigan
“improved, better service and food quality.The CORNER BAR has a long standing history..STOP BY & SEE”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The staff service is improved since one year ago.. I have lived & worked in this town my whole 50yrs. I am very anxious to share the food quality is better than two years ago..They even offer catering. I believe everyone who reads this message should not pass this place up.. The prices are very reasonable too. There is so much shopping in this town.. Stop by and see what Rockford has to offer!! Enjoy:)

• Visited March 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“Amazing Hot Dogs”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Had a nice afternoon lunch here. The Corner Bar is famous for its hot dogs, however they have other options on the menu which are also really good. They have an awesome draft beer selection as well. I would recommend this place to anyone and will be eating here again next time i vacation in Rockford.

• Visited February 2013
East Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Getting Better”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My last review of the Corner Bar was terrible. I had waited over a year to dine in this establishment due to a continued poor product. It appears that they may have hired a new manager and a new chef, because we have had two (2) great meals at the Corner in the past month! The Atlantic white fish was sooooo good and the service was excellent. I noticed a female manager walking back and forth from the dining room to the kitchen, checking on everything. This is what I am talking about!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Cedar Springs, Michigan
“3 words - DEEP FRIED PICKLES”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

It's always packed when we go in there. They have The Best deep fried pickles. People brag about their hot dogs, but I wasn't impressed (no where near as good as Yesterdog). We've eaten here several times and the food never disappoints. A little crowded and loud though.