“Worst condition of any restaurant I've seen in years”

Vitale's Pizza of Rockford
Ranked #41 of 66 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The interior of the restaurant is in such poor condition - beat up and feels dirty - that any chance of eating here is suspect at best. Add to that the overwhelming and pushy Christian symbols at every turn and it is not a place I'll ever set foot in again.

1  Thank dwynep

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I do realize this is a pizza place but being in the mood for more of a pasta dish, I went with that. I mean, afterall, pizza and pasta are in the same family. The portion was pretty good but the quality of the food just reminded me of school food. Bland sause with not much flavor. Not saying it was bad but not good either. The overall decor is a bit run down and similiar to a cluttered grandmothers kitchen with lots of different rooms, nooks, etc. in the place. We sat out on the side porch that was covered by a lattice roof which was then covered in vines. Could be nice but a bit run down and not well cared for out there. No alcohol was a bit of a bummer as well but I can get over that. Worth going in a pinch but much better choices around.

2  Thank Brian K