“We love it!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Listed on Yelp.com
Description: Listed on Yelp.com
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We live in Rockford, so we eat here often. I've never had bad food, my whole family likes it a lot. Service can be slightly slow if they are busy on weekends, but I think it is worth the wait.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We (my family) LOVES Cinco De Mayo.

The restaurant is beautifully decorated with ample seating. They have an upstairs seating area, which we have used for large family gatherings. There is also a patio off the upstairs, with seating. We haven't eaten out there yet, but one of these days we will- it looks like the perfect spring/summer/fall spot to enjoy dinner.

They always have drink specials, and their drinks are phenomenal. You will find something you love on their drink menu.

Now to the real reason we all go here, the food. WOW! I have never seen a menu so large at any restaurant before. It's literally crammed pull of the most amazing mexican food you will ever eat. (It's not the crappy mexican american stuff you find in this area). I used to live in Chicago and enjoyed eating at the authentic mexican restaurants, so I was TICKLED with delight when Cinco De Mayo opened up in my home town!

We have eaten here so often, and with so many friends and family, and I have never been with anyone who did not just love what they ordered. (There are 12+ different types of wet burritos you can choose from.) The selection on the menu is outstanding. I cannot say it enough, everyone will find something they love and you will have a hard time deciding what to order, because it all looks/smells/tastes so good!

The waitstaff is always super friendly and nice and the food always arrives quickly. It's a great place for a business meeting, family get-together, date night or a family night out with the kids! (I've used it for all of the above). The main floor and bathrooms are wheel chair accessible, however I'm not sure if they have an elevator to the upstairs eating area/patio so I cannot comment on that.

Other reviews on other sites have commented about the high prices, and i have to disagree. We are a very budget conscious family, and we love mexican, so we've eaten pretty much everywhere in the area serving mexican and what-not. I think the prices are excellent, especially for as much food as you get. Pricing is comparable to an Applebee's (or slightly cheaper). The beer more than makes up for it too, they always have large beers for a really nice low price. My husband loves that!

If you are uncultured and/or ignorant, you probably should stay away from here, as english is not most of their employees first language.

I HIGHLY recommend Cinco De Mayo, and look forward to eating there again soon!