“Monday Night Lobster Tails”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 134 Restaurants in Rochester Hills
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Bay City, Michigan
“Monday Night Lobster Tails”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Came in on a Monday and they had a special of two lobster tails for $19.99 which I ordered along with a tomato and blue cheese salad (ala carte). The food was good, however I do have two minor complaints. First they did not season anything and I had to add salt and pepper to almost everything. Chefs should always taste what they serve to ensure the food is properly seasoned. Food always tastes better if seasoned as it is being cooked. Second, they used way too much butter on the mains. The lobster tails, the asparagus and the mash were all drenched in butter. I like butter as much as the next guy, however too much of a good thing is not always better. The service was excellent. Overall it was good, and I will give them another chance in the future (I love seafood and am always looking for good seafood restaurants).

Visited July 2014

Lower Michigan
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Took my husband here for his birthday dinner. The food and drinks were amazing. The wait staff was perfect. We have only been here 2 times before but would come back again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MissMyDog
Clinton Township, Michigan
“Great for business meals”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Mitchell's is a great place for lunch and dinner meetings. The menu offers a good selection for international travelers with particular diets. The service has always been very good, and for business this means attentive without being intrusive. The Shanghai plate is a favorite of mine, and always a recommendation to others. The location in Rochester his particularly nice for those in from out of town, as the outside shopping is a big attraction for them. Mitchell's is always my first choice for a business meal.

• Visited May 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“New visit, new opinion”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Previous visits to Mitchel's had left me unimpressed but, following a taste of their signature Shanghai plate, I have upped my opinion and will retuen to try other selections. Having looked at the Happy Hour menu, I definately will give that a try. The decor and design are very attractive and inviting (including a small outdoor area) but, I was never impressed with the food. My last visit changed my mind enough to give the place another chance.

• Visited May 2014
Lake Orion, Michigan
“Christmas Dinner”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Every year, my family and I go to Mitchell's on Christmas Eve. The food is typically great and the service is usually exceptional. My only complaint is how the seating reservation works. We requested a table—members of our party find booths uncomfortable—and the request wasn't fulfilled and we had to wait 20 minutes for a table, standing next to the attitude-ridden hostess. We will most likely be returning.