“Doesn't do it for me, ok food but rather pretentious”

BRAVO Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
BRAVO Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 139 Restaurants in Rochester Hills
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: BRAVO Cucina Italiana is proud to serve Italian classics with a twist made with authentic old world cooking techniques and the highest-quality ingredients - house-made pasta specialties, pizzas and flatbreads, steaks, chops and seafood. We invite you to come join our atmosphere under a fun, family-friendly Roman ruin décor. Join us at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our large group visited Bravo for a family celebration and they handled our large party generally quite well, even though we did not all arrive at once. Our meals were ok, nothing outstanding and definitely on the expensive side for what we had. I also found the noise levels uncomfortably high, accepted that this was a busy evening but it was hard to communicate with those of our companions who were seated several places away. Rather more of an issue was the pretentious nature of the place, which seemed to be attempting a fine dining offer in a mid market environment full of fake decor, such as mock columns and broken off beams. I could accept the decor if is was done as some form of parody but the effect seemed to be a serious attempt at creating some kind of Italian setting. The service was rather earnest, which was another mismatch with the Italian theme, creating a rather too serious and businesslike feel to the meal. I suggest the staff relax a little and the decor is softened to absorb some of the noise.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Good Italian cuisine, nice atmosphere, great service. Love their Italian Wedding soup, always get it with dinner even in the summer months!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We eat at Bravo at least once a month. Never had a bad meal. Service is excellent.

Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

A really good place where diner in a relaxing atmosphere. Good food, good service, I suggest this place for the people that, like me, look for a "familiar" place.
Specially thanks to Mrs. "Queen" Elizabeth, that help in the choiche of the specialties.
See you soon.
Cristiano
See you soon.
Cristiano

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Yummy food in great location. My kids love going there because they get chunks of dough, while waiting for their meals, to make into whatever shape they want. It is then baked and brought back out to the kids to eat!