Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hills MI
Average 3/5
$135
$129
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbanquet hallconcorde innregular king roomthe general managerbusiness tripupon checkgm alexwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staynext morninghousekeepingmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2012

So many things wrong with this hotel. First, there is NO pool! Although it is advertised that they have one on some sites, it is not true...they turned it into a banquet room two years ago. Other than that.....the breakfast is terrible (watery coffee and day old bagels), the room needs more light, the shower has no pressure, The room is crammed with oversized furniture, the back of the wardrobe had fallen off, the air conditioner rattled and we needed to prop things against it to make it stop, the hotel itself just looks old and run down and the tv had bad reception. There is no where to sit outside, not even a bench. There are two ladies who work the front desk at different times. One is very friendly and the other not so much. She was totally unprofessional and even was wearing flip flops. Overall, very disappointed and will never return. I always joke about how I would never stay at a Red Roof Inn, but given the choice I wish I would have.

Room Tip: There is NO pool!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaraMW
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We decided to stay in Rochester Hills at the last minute, late at night, so we had not looked at the TripAdvisor reviews for this hotel - to our detriment. The front staff person was friendly despite our last-minute request. Room #115 was dimly lit even with all the lights turned on. Good things: comfortable beds, spacious room layout and refrigerator. Bad things: deep red stain (like red soda) in one central spot on carpet; peeling wallpaper seams. Most disappointing, the tub had large areas of chipped porcelain. The room just felt run down and neglected. It was probably a nice hotel in the past, but someone needs to take care of it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PrincessInArmor
Cheryl W, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hills MI, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2014

We're just now getting active on TripAdvisor, and even though this review is from a few years ago, we wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. I'm really glad that the beds were so comfortable and that your room was plenty spacious -- a good night's sleep depends a great deal on both. As for your other complaints, we've recently completed some light renovations that really brought things up to date around here. If you're ever in the area again, we'd love for you to stop in for a visit and let us know your new impressions. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review. Hope all is well, and happy holidays.

Best,
Management

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I've been traveling in and out of Auburn Hills for the past few years on business and I was recently made aware of the Concorde Inn. I must say that I was very pleasantly suprised. The location was perfect for me. However, I would like an extended breakfast and the lobby could use a little updating, but overall I think this will be my home whenever I come into town. Thank you Concorde staff for your courtesy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Robert D, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hills MI, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

I wish to thank you for your review. We will be more than happy to have you as our guest at every visit to the area. Your review has helped in providing us insight to know what travelers are looking for in a hotel. Therefore, I am glad to tell you that an extended complimentary breakfast will soon be added which will include hot items. Thank you for choosing the ConCorde Inn of Rochester Hills and we are looking forward to hearing from you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

The good - very accommodating and friendly staff. Rooms are large with new furniture and carpeting, flat screen TV. Ours had a whirlpool tub and no chair so the staff brought in a chair from the lounge. Room was clean, bed very comfortable, lots of soft pillows, new sheets.
There is no wi-fi in the rooms - can connect via cable. Wi-Fi in lobby but people these days expect it in the room. The duvet and comforter was folded at the end of the bed and only a sheet on the bed so we brought in a blanket from the car. However, in the morning I did find a blanket in the armoire. Duvets are passe' - should double sheet the beds with a blanket - much cleaner. The halls needed vacuuming. Breakfast was very basic - coffee, rolls, bagels, cereal.
It looks like they're working on getting things in shape - just need attention to the above.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank dgryan1

I greatly appreciate your review. We are currently going through another renovation and will be taking your review and comments into consideration. Since your review, we have extended our complimentary WIFI coverage to encompass all the guestrooms and suites. Furthermore, having added a new lush banquet center to our property gives us the ability to provide a new free breakfast including hot items. We are at this time reviewing our options to see what hot breakfast items to add to our current complimentary continental breakfast. This breakfast addition is slated to be in effect by the end of the month. Please try us again soon. Thanks.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel is located along M-59 near Crooks Rd in Rochester Hills, and otherwise affuent area of Oakland County Michigan. What I saw while there made me turn and check out and go to a new hotel. Although the adjacent roadways are undergoing reconstruction the way this hotel is being managed made me believe it is on its last legs financially and is desperate for money. The first impression that I got was seeing the night manager at the front desk. A hotel of this type and price typically requires its staff to be wearing a suit and tie. Instead the night manager was wearing a T shirt and jeans of a quality typical of that for changing your own oil in your driveway. A clerk who also claimed that he was security for the hotel was wearing a T shirt and sweat pants, white socks and slippers. Concerned at my first impression, I asked to see a room and was escorted to a nearby hall while this security person described the property. Most apparent were several hotel residents that were loitering in and around the lobby, that stared at me in a look that I could best describe as considering me as a potential target while staying at the hotel. I asked the security person about these guests, and learned that there were between 17 - 20 rooms that had what he described as permanent residents. The person showing me the room said that he was also one of the residents living in the hotel. That explained the casual dress code and slippers! These rooms were apparently where various people had landed after being removed from their previous residences. By their looks I would place them at the lowest levels of economic class. Thier resident status in this hotel was emphasized by the items that were placed in the hallways outside their doors, such as baby carriages. This was in clear violation of fire code, yet the security person ignored them and was unappologetic for their placement. I could only imagine that at least some of the hotels rooms were eligable for some sort of funding as alternate residences for low income families. My impression was that this was a high end hotel that was quickly trying to reach the status of a run-down inner city motel where most of the rooms were rented by vagrants. It was all very puzzling.

The room and hallways that I was shown appeared to have been renovated in the last year. the level of housekeeping was sloppy at best. Relatively new carpeting in the halls shwed a strip of brown dirt adjacent to the doors and wall bases, that could only be caused by housekeeping staff making a regular fast pass with vacuum cleaners in the center of the carpet and ignoring the edges for months. The bathroom of the room I was shown showwed the same lack of cleaning detail. The floors were clean in the center but a wide stripe of long term dirt at the edge of the tub, toilet and so on.

In discussion with the staff I learned that the renovation was not yet complete. One wing was yet to be renovated, supporting the claims of another posting on this property on this site.

The description of this property said there was a pool and hot tub. I learned that those had been filled-in, and were under renovation as a banquet center to the west side of the building. A quick glance showed that the completion of this effort would be weeks or months away. There was little evidence that the renovation was active, instead looking like it had been stopped in progress. There were no tools or supplies visable - appearing that the work was stopped and the workers rolled out all their tools and supplies.

In a nutshell this appears to be a hotel where the owner was overextended in a site-wide renovation, work was stopped, and occupancy was challenged. It appears that in order to make up for the void some of the rooms were being rented long term to low income people. The property had the feeling of an inner-city motel with a high threat of crime and vice within an otherwise surounding area of low crime and low vice.

I decided to move on, but wanted to warn those who base their decision on a website and a low price. Beware.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank jiml3222

First I wish to thank you for your review. I was recently brought into the ConCorde Inn to address concerns such as these. The hotel is currently going through improvements in regards to its overall apperance and its staff. We sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. Your detailed review and comments are duly noted and have been taken into consideration as we move forward to ensure an outstanding hotel exprience with impeccable customer service. We invite you to try us again in the near future.