“homecooked fresh food”

Add it.
Gold Star Family Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 134 Restaurants in Rochester Hills
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“homecooked fresh food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

On vacations as a kid, my parents were all about the family owned mom and pop small town diners. Breakfast has always been their favorite food to order out...so when I moved to Rochester, my mom and I couldn't help but try this place. We've gone back a handful of times since, and couldn't be happier. The food is all homemade in the kitchen, and is just so comforting. The staff is all welcoming and very friendly. I've noticed that they get to know their customers. It's one of those places you can tell people go to every day. You get so much food for your money, and it all tastes so good. Lots of variety. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner specials. The only problem is that I wish they were open later so I could get my husband to go for dinner! I'm not a fan of ranch dressing, but their's is phenomenal. The chicken noodle soup is must have! The french fries too! All so good! You can't go wrong!

• Visited May 2014

Hudson, Florida
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Visited family in the Rochester area and stumbled on this place 2 years ago. We returned there 2 weeks ago and ate there 2 days in a row. Sorry we had to leave it behind. The food is excellent family fare. Right up our alley! We drove past it on Sunday evening and it was closed. I was afraid they had gone out of business. They hadn't. Well worth a visit anytime you're within 20 miles, maybe more.

• Visited July 2013
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“GoldStar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a family restaurant with an extensive menu. Breakfast served all day and always good. Lunches and dinners are good -- nothing gourmet -- just good ol' home cooking and comfort food.

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, Michigan
“Good food, very reasonable prices, owners care.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Just a nice place to eat. We go there a lot, Our family asks to go there when they are in town. Variety of foods. Good prices.

• Visited September 2011