“Welcome addition to Rochester Hills” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Clubhouse BFD

The Clubhouse BFD
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: AT CLUBHOUSE BFD OUR MISSION IS TO BE A NEIGHBORHOOD GATHERING PLACE SERVING QUALITY BFD (BEER-FOOD-DRINK) WITHOUT THE PRETENSE. QUITE SIMPLY WE LOVE EXCEPTIONAL BEERS AND GREAT FOOD WHICH FUELS OR DESIRE TO BRING YOU THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. CLUBHOUSE BFD IS YOUR PLACE AND WILL CONTINUE TO EVOLVE BASED ON YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND IDEAS.-AND OH YEAH WE TAKE OUR MUSIC ALMOST AS SERIOUS AS OUR BEER!
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Welcome addition to Rochester Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stopped by on a Saturday afternoon and had a great lunch. The Tiger's game was on, the length of draft beers was impressive and service was great. The French Onion soup and small plate of chicken tenders were excellent, although small plate is a misnomer - easily full plate size. My husband had the French Dip and bisque soup - the bread was fresh, stuffed full of tasty peppers, meat, and cheese. Every seat has a view of bank of TV's and plenty of room at the bar. Welcome to Rochester Hills!

• Visited April 2012

Michigan
“Good Selection of Drafts, and decent food list”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I went here with some family and friends on a Friday night. Looks like this is the new concept for restaurants/bars lately, with this place and One Eyed Betty's, in Ferndale, opening up very close to each other and having a very similar "theme". The restaurant/bar is nice, there is a good size bar with tables wrapping around the perimeter, but set up very nicely. They have 40 draft beers which continue to change, which, personally, I think is the big draw to coming to this place. It is nice to have a place that has "rare" beers on tap, and their website has a nice "app" called beerme, which is usually pretty up on what is on draft. I tried a few different brews that night, and all were good.
The only food we got, was the bavarian pretzels, which were good, but the thing that really "made" them, was their spicy cheese sauce.
Although we were not here for dinner, everything we did have, beer and food, was really good, and if we are in the area again, we would definitely try it again.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Double-O-Negative
Rochester MI
“Weird Name, Craft Brew Lover's Heaven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stopped in to this new spot after having dinner elsewhere. We really wanted to see what this place was all about. This location is owned and besides East Side Mario's which also has a bar, but that bar closes early along with the restaurant. This initially was going to be just another Sports Bar (like Rochester Hills needed yet another one of those?) The owner came to his senses, and decided to focus on the craft brew lovers. Walking in the door we were handed a clip board with three legal size pieces of paper listing the hundreds of beers available on tap and in a bottle. I am a darker beer fan, favoring porters over stouts. The suggestion made by the bartender was "Moose Drewl" (LOL) which was great, and only $5. I couldn't help but regularly look up at the enormouse moose on the wall. We looked at the menu and it looks strong. Just to sample something we ordered chicken fingers, Now a lot of places sell the typical GFS frozen chicken fingers, sane batter just a different fryer. Not here. They make their own. I tried to identify the grust - I think it may be a combination of Panko crumbs and Corn Flake crumbs. Really crunchy while being light. My girlfriend liked that the "ginger" in her gin and ginger drink was ginger beer, not just gingerale. That ginger beer (non-alcoholic) is available as a virgin drink if desired. The thing we want to try next is their Mac and Cheese, as they are claiming is better than the casarole served out in Clarkston. We'll see....

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jiml3222
Rochester, Michigan
“Welcome to the neighborhood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Well, I'm not a beer drinker, but I have to admit, this place has a good atmosphere and was PACKED when we stopped in for a quick bite last night at about 6:30. I had no idea the place was even here, but my husband had told me about it and said that every time he drove by, the parking lot was full. So, naturally, he wanted to check it out. We had about a 20 minute wait for a table so we went to the bar, which was standing room only. There were a lot of different taps for beer and then there was the huge beer list on the menu (my husband said there had to be at least 100). They also have a full liquor license for us non-beer drinkers and list the brands/type they carry on the menu. The food choices seemed pretty typical for a bar-type atmosphere....burgers, French dip, BLT, wings, etc., but my burger was delicious! Prices seemed OK...$8.00 for a burger and fries, $13.00 for a French Dip, etc. There were lots of televisions around the place for those of you who enjoy watching TV when you have a beer. When we left, we asked the waiter how long they had been open, and he said only since Valentine's Day. I'm glad we stopped in and we will definitley be going back!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank luggageprincess
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Great Beer Selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Interesting Menu items. They have an excellent, and very extensive beer selection from around the world. The bottle beer list is just as extensive as the draft beer list. This is a craft brew paradise.

• Visited February 2012