“Unpleasant staff.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochester Hills
Alpena, Michigan
“Unpleasant staff.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I will not be staying at this hotel ever again due to the way I was treated by your staff member at the front desk. Very unprofessional, and rude. Can not believe the treatment we received from her. The room was great for the price, but definitely not worth being treated the way we were. Never again.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
So sorry to hear that you were not treated in a professional manner by one of the Front Desk Staff. I would like to get more information from you about what happened. Please give me a call at 248-853-6400 or send me an email (i0191@redroof.com) so you can give me some more details. I am glad you enjoyed your room and would like to make this right with you so we can have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Budget friendly, no frills, clean and comfortable accommodations is what this motel provided. Close to everything needed for that stay and nice updates. Once we arrived after 9pm and saw that the room was updated, clean and comfy, we regretted arriving so late.

Room Tip: Nice check in times
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doriankellly
Bow, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

everything was great rooms are clean customer service was very friendly very helpful Outside the building does need to be updated. we stayed here a couple nights when our power was out they were very helpful our dog is older and could not get upstairs and help just get a room on the ground floor

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank slinky40
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel exceeded our expecations. It was very quiet, felt safe and was clean. The beds were pretty nice too. They allowed us to stay with our 4 dogs and was a great place! Not skeevy or drug ridden like many other motels, ill stay here again for sure!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Medical_nomad
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Last weekend my wife and I headed down to the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets Mall (Auburn Hills). The plan was a get-a-way and a couple of days shopping. Not having been to that area or even to Michigan before we needed to find a hotel for a couple of nights. After looking on the internet we decided on the Red Roof Inn. Sure it wasn’t one of the big hotel names, but we thought we would give it a try and the price was right, almost half of the other hotels. We weren’t looking for a pool, or any of the extras. We just wanted a standard room to crash for the night.
WOW what a nice place. Sure it wasn’t fancy, but the room was nice, clean and what we wanted. It didn’t have a hair dryer, or microwave, or fridge, or an iron. It did have a flat screen TV with HBO and free WiFi. All I needed was HBO. We could have upgraded and got a room with the toys, but why. The best part was that it was centrally located to all the malls in the area.
The staff, oh the staff. The two people we dealt with at the front desk were the best. Deann and Nicci were truly a delight to deal with. They greeted us very nicely and answered all my questions (I had a lot of questions) and pointed us in the right directions to the countless malls in the area. I have a slogan for this part of Michigan...’Behind Ever Tree There Is A Mall’. We could only visit 6 out of the 8 malls that were recommended.
On the second day I called the front desk to see if I can get an iron and board. Within a minute Deann was on her way to the room with the iron, board and a smile.
We will definitely stay at this Red Roof Inn again.
Peter & Colleen
PS; You must eat at Antonio's Cafe & Grill, Don Pablo’s, and the Lebanese Grill.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Peter A
St. Clair Shores, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I wanted to use the same card to pay for the room as I had reserved it with and was told I could not do that. I needed a different card. Then later I asked for more blankets and was told they were in another building and they would not be willing to go get them. Never in my life have I ever had this type of treatment. I would NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
The credit card you use when making your reservation is just used to hold your room. When you check in you need to present a credit card with your name on it that we can get approval for your stay. We cannot use a credit card in some one else’s name without first receiving a third party authorization form prior to check in. As far the extra blankets I will review with the staff to find out what might have happened that they could not have brought you extra blankets. Thank you for your review as we are always interested in hearing from our guests the good and bad so we can improve on both.
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I travel a lot and someone had told me about this hotel, and of course, a hotel is an hotel. However, my stay here was like no other, everybody here was wonderful. I had such a great stay I had to ask who was the leader. A well grouped staff could only mean an excellent leader. I was told his name was Mark. Once I talked to Mark I knew where this staff got their greatness from. I just wanted to thank Mark and his staff for allowing me to lay my head in a worry free environment. For now on whenever I travel to this part I will always stay here. (could not rate swimming pool or restaurant, there was none. This fact do not change anything I said)

Room Tip: You would not be sorry for any room choice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pam o
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our Inn. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. I am so glad that you had such a great stay with us. We all work hard to try and make each and every guests stay as good as the one you had. Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to your future stays with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester Hills
Concorde Inn Rochester Hills
Concorde Inn Rochester Hills
#3 of 3 in Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 3 in Rochester Hills
Royal Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rochester
Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn Hills
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Rochester Hills? Share your experiences!