Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills
$139
Travelocity
$67
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront desksecond buildingplace to stayquiet locationvisit familystandard roomthe check in processoff the highwayparking lotcleaning staffcoffee potother hotels in the areawonderful stayconcertmotelmicrowavepillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This location has been totally renovated and the rooms are lovely! The dark red accent walls, silver sconces on the walls (above the bed for reading), comfy mattresses, basket weave carpeting, new flat screen TV, fridge/microwave, computer workstation, great amenities...this location has it all! The staff is amazing; Beth and Theresa at the front desk are so friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff (Dani in particular) kept our room spotless and was always there to help. Great area, lots to do. There is a Meijer store one exit away and a McDonald's and YaYa Chicken right next door. We were there during the Woodward Dream Cruise and had a great time. Get a Redicard and stay at Red Roof, it was a great five days!

Room Tip: Choose the Superior King! The room is very large and the computer workstation is wonderful! We liked the second floor - quieter and I like watching everything going on!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ladymoc
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about our Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to show the staff your review. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the area. Thanks again for your review and we are happy that your time with us in our new rooms help make your five day stay a good one.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My newly remodeled room was very clean and comfortable. The king sized bed I slept in was very comfortable and when I needed an iron to iron my shirt it was very easy to get one from the front office. For the price I paid I was extremely satisfied with this hotel. Will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Utahmom6

Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked our new rooms; with the flat screen TV’s, new beds, new carpet and new bedding. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the area again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Nice and clean. Rooms appeared upgraded with flat screen tv. Price was $40.00 with taxes on Priceline. No coffee machine in our room or breakfast. McDonald's right next door along with Burger King and various other restaurants near by. Free wifi and some rooms come with frig and microwave.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MidWestFeedback

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed it, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at this location many times because we work in the area. However, one night during the week we decided to get a room. Teresa the front desk Clark decided to racially profile my husband and I not knowing we was regular customers. She told us she "don't have to sell us a room! The rooms are nice I can say but they have a racist staff member Teresa. So if she is workin I would go down the street!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MNelson84
RedRoof191, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit- Auburn Hills/Rochester Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

When you were checking in and you tried to use a credit card that was not in your name the Desk Clerk asked you whose credit card that was and you told her it was your boyfriends, she then stated she would need him to come in, show his ID and get his signature for the card for credit card security. At this point you left the lobby using foul language and called her a name. When your boyfriend came into the lobby by himself all he did was ask about the rate and taxes and then said he did not want the room. After you left the Inn you called back to the property twice and called the Desk Clerk names again. We follow the same check in procedure with each and every guest. We take all concerns seriously and I am sorry you feel she was racist when she was clearly doing her job when she asked for the ID and signature of the credit card holder.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I based our reservation on reviews and was not disappointed. We had great FREE wifi that worked well,friendly staff, very convenient and quiet. Beds were comfortable and we had a great trouble free stay. No frills, but terrific service and a great bang for your buck. We will definitely look for a Red roof Inn again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family