“Regular Hangout”
Review of The Hills Bar and Grille - CLOSED

The Hills Bar and Grille
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tienken Rd.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great burgers, fun atmosphere, lots of sports on many televisions, many of the dinner entrees are very good as well. I suggest the meatloaf...

1  Thank Michael C

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I purchased a gift certificate for the Hills Bar & Grille under a discount promotion and was impressed. The atmosphere was relaxing, but busy. The service was outstanding. My date went to their other location by mistake so our reservation needed to be extended by 45 minutes and with no fuss and a pleasant attitude they extended it. Once we were ready to be seated we were put in a nice booth in a more secluded spot, which I loved. Our server (Katie) was friendly and attentive. The manager visited us on a few occassions but not too much to disturb us. The food was some of the best I've had, honestly; I had the Rochester Pasta with chicken.
The only thing I had an issue with was dessert. The chocolate cake was enough to feed 12 children in a foreign country, literally. It was delicious but the server might have mentioned upon ordering it that it was not just a piece of cake... it was like a quarter of a cake that we can eat for four days. Otherwise the experience was fabulous and I look forward to our next dining experience there!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went with friends several weeks ago and the place was only half as loud and the food was better then, also! My Pot Roast was too salty to eat more than a small portion. I did not want something else, so they offered a free dessert. Ordered the Rocky Mt. Sundae and the ice cream was way to runny by the time she brought it. The other couple was fairly happy, as was my husband with his ribs. The Chedder Bier and French Onion Soup was excellent.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times, and there are a couple of things I'm struck by: first, it's loud. If you want to have meaningful conversation, this is not the place. If you want to be here for a game, group, or large gathering...this is the place - loud and can be roudy. Second, the quality of both food and service varies WIDELY. Last time we ate there, the burgers were spot-on in taste, cooked to perfection, and served with smoking hot fries. This time - burgers were ordered 'medium' and one was done correctly, while one was RARE and dripping. Our server last time was quite on-the-ball, and last night, we were practically ignored. I think if management could establish a consistently good kitchen performance, and the wait staff was also consistent, this place could easily double their business.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is an upscale sports bar. The noise from the bar area can tend to overwhelm the restaurant area at bit. The food is good & there is a variety on the menu. Recently discovered breakfast here as well - one of the few places in Rochester that serves breakfast.