“The RUDE Rose”

Ranked #42 of 93 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had one of the worst restaurant experiences at the Victorian Rose today. The waitress was very rude, to everyone. I was with a decent sized group, and by the end of our meal everyone was walking on eggshells so as not to upset this rude and sassy waitress. While I ordered my veggie sandwich, I asked instead of soup or salad as a side to have a simple dinner roll. The waitress refused this saying that my sandwich came on a roll, why should I have another. I told her that I just wanted a roll, I'd pay for it. Since my sandwich came on a roll, she said "I just don't think that you need that much bread". I was so embarrassed that she would speak that way to me. This is just one of the rude ways that she interacted with our group. Among other things, she wouldn't allow my friend to have a different dressing on her salad, even though they had others. I guess that was just too much for her to handle.

11  Thank Andie S

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Victorian Rose was the perfect venue for a special birthday party. There were 12 of us, in our own special little dining area, with room for a gift table. We had pre-ordered our selections: either a chicken salad plate with homemade scone, or mixed green salad with grilled chicken and homemade raspberry vinaigrette. I chose the chicken salad plate and it was delicious! I think it edged out the mixed green salad as the favorite of the day, but really everyone enjoyed their meal very much. Service was wonderful! The people there are so friendly and sweet. We lingered until closing (the restaurant serves lunch only) and never felt rushed. It was a really lovely experience.

1  Thank MrsVig
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Nice little tea house in an old turn of the century home. Everyone gets their own pretty, individual tea cup and saucer. Pretty tea pots. The tea is just a bag tea, nothing special. The food is ok, nothing to write good or bad reviews on. The restaurant is owned by Christians so they have soft Christian music playing in the background and of the many times I've been there the waitress have always been very nice. It is a nice place to go with your girlfriends, I think men would feel a little out of place there.

2  Thank ChaplainMaumma