“Best Cakes”

Home Bakery
Ranked #5 of 7 Bakeries in Rochester
“Best Cakes”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This bakery is a favorite of ours, great cakes including our wedding cake, pastries and goodies. You can't go wrong. Order a torte cake just the way you like it. I recommend the yellow cake with strawberry mouse and fresh cut strawberries with chocolate ganache exterior...

Visited October 2012

Rochester, Michigan, United States
“STAY AWAY!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The last 4 times we've had their cakes there have been problems. The cakes are beautifully decorated but they are extremely expensive and not good to eat. Buy them only for display but don't serve them. They are dry & taste freezer burnt. The icing is oversweet & gritty. STAY AWAY! You can make a tastier cake from store brand mix.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ratsjustrats
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Fantastic cakes”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If the price wasnt so high, I would totally get family birthday cakes here. At some point I will spring for this, but until prices come down I guess its Walmart or Kroger cakes. But if you are looking for a good cake, and you have money to spend, this is the place!

Visited February 2012
Rochester, Michigan
“For those of you with a sweet tooth”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I have been going to this bakery for a number of years and decided that it is about time I wrote a review. I have had my "kids" birthday cakes, graduation cakes, bridal shower cakes, and baby shower cakes made there and have purchased many a pie, cake, tart, cannoli, etc. as well. I have never, ever, ever been disappointed in the quality of the baked goods. I recently stopped in to talk to the staff about making a cake for my daughter's upcoming bridal shower. They were so helpful and creative and I am confident the end result will be another extremely beautiful and delicious cake. My grandson's first birthday is next month and guess where his cake is being made? And so it continues......

Visited March 2012
“Rochester's Premier Bakery”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Expensive and worth it. Everything from the custom cakes to the cookies and brownies are worth it. Just sampled their carrot cake and it was amazing..

Visited November 2011

Been to Home Bakery? Share your experiences!