“Pro and Cons”

Ranked #28 of 91 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Positive:
The service was friendly, attentive and tried their best.
The Eel Roll was warm and crispy.
The rainbow roll had a lot of raw fish on.

Negative:
The thunderroll was too dry. Where is the sauce?
The quality of the rice appears to be inconsistent. It varies from okay to too dry.

I would give it another try when I am in the area in order to check if my impression is correct.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family had been wanting to go here for awhile, sorry we wanted so long. It was excellent. Loved everything, especially the ginger salad dressing and the sushi. My new favorite place. Will be back.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Please please please don't take the title as negative. They serve great food. I've been there about 5 times and have always walked out happy. Service is fast and sometimes friendly. The atmosphere is a little too enclosed for my taste but I'm a claustrophobic so sit by the window and problem solved. Sushi is fresh!!! There's no doubt of that. Miso soup is good. When I'm in the area, I prefer Take Sushi or Sakura. Truth is, those two are such strong competition that even a great place such as Sumo comes third. If they were in Shelby or Troy, they'd be tops...

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very poor quality and overpriced. I go there sometimes because there's not many option for someone gluten intolerant like me, in town. Ethnic foods are my only options.
Yet, sometimes I beat myself when I go for their sushi or bibinbabs. The quality of food is not consistent and they cheap out on protein in their dishes. The beef used in the bibimbabs is tough and sparingly served.
This is a good place for teenagers that can't tell the difference between japanese, korean or good food for that matter.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Afraid of raw sushi? I was. So I started here. I recommend cloud 9 and the devil. Delicious and the salad is tasty too!