“Fresh.”

Kabin Kruser's Oyster Bar
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed December 1, 2009

The offerings of the sea are fresh and the daily menu varied. Last evening I had a cup of New England Clam Chowder and the Turkey Shepherds Pie. The former was middle of the road, actually a bit disappointing considering the venue, as it seemed thickened with flour or corn starch rather than cream and there were no particular distinct notes to the chowder. The latter was a perfect choice as a comfort food, large and flavourful chunks of turkey, with veggies and topped with mashed potatoes that have been perfectly top crisped. Even though it was a busy night in Rochester - the start of the annual downtown light show with all of the storefronts being festively illuminated with hundreds (thousands?) of lights each - the hostess got me seated quickly. Also, it was my second trip as the Calamari I had the week before put the joint on my list of places to eat at again. It's still on my list as I have Oysters on my list of 'to do's.