$59
$117
$109
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$104
$81
$119
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$101
$93
$63
All reviewsdowntown rochesterpaint creekbeautiful hotelfrench press coffeewalk in closetterrace roomluxury hotellarge bathroomthe entire staffrooms are niceclose to downtowncommon areashotel restaurantvalet parkingtownsend hotelweddingrobes
Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

This is my second review of the Royal Park Hotel. I stay here quite often for business trips to the Detroit area.

I'm always VERY happy when there is a room available for me here. I HATE to stay anywhere else! When I get here, they remember me. The service is incredible from the moment I walk in to the moment I leave. Rooms are impeccably clean, large & comfortable. There's nothing I would change about the service or the rooms. I'm here so often I feel very at home here. Like I'm literally at home. I love it.

The only thing I don't like is the room service menu. I'm a meat & potatoes kind of guy. I don't particularly care for the more "fancy" foods on the menu of the new restaurant. The old menu was much better for a person like me. I can order casual food but they will NOT bring it until after 10pm. No exceptions (believe me, I've asked). That doesn't make me happy at all and I go to Target for snacks before I get here. 10pm is too late for me to have dinner. I wish that could be changed.

I'll post a photo of the room service menu for you to get an idea. Don't be fooled by the pizza offering. It's awful. Greasy & flavorless.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank BizTraveler_MI
Michael P, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2016

Good afternoon BizTraveler, Thank you for your review and please accept our apologies for not having exceeded your expectations during your most recent stay with us. After reading and looking at the menu you posted i wanted to share that this is not our current IRD or RS menu that is in the rooms. The menu you posted was the old menu that had been removed from the guest rooms earlier in June as we did a complete redo and everything available on the late night menu is also on the regular menu which we hope you will find is satisfactory. If you would like to review the menu it is on our website for your dining considerations and comments. OUr chief Housekeeper is checking all of the guest rooms just in case an old menu was missed and still needs replacing.
have a great holiday weekend

Best

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I enjoy staying here when we need an adult night away from the kids. The rooms are nice and large, along with modern spacious bathrooms, and everything is within walking distance of downtown Rochester. The bar is average but the scenery along the river is very serene. I'd recommend it for s romantic night away in the metro Detroit area.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

good afternoon James M, thank you for your great review and recent stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

best

Reviewed June 24, 2016 via mobile

Don't waste your money. There was so much salt in the food, it raised my blood pressure, made my feet swell like I was 9 months pregnant, caused a migraine, & had my body smelling like I just exited out of a very salty salt water pool. I tasted everything, but one bite of each thing was enough to make me want to vomit. I couldn't eat taste the asparagus over all the salt. I have tasted food reheated from GFS that has tasted better.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank hereitis2
Michael P, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Good afternoon hereitis2,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and please accept my sincerest apologies for the less than acceptable experience that you had. I am not sure if you were attending a function or dining with us in Park 600 but we would really like to understand more and would welcome the opportunity to talk with you should you have time. I can be reached directly at 248-453-8700. Have a great day. Best

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

We had our wedding here in the conservatory. Our experience was exceptional from start to finish. From our lovely bellhop to the entire staff that catered to our every need during our wedding. Everything was handled for us so I could be calm and not stressed. I can't say enough how wonderful Kathleen Reid was thru the whole event. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any special event in your life their staff will make it a perfect and beautiful memory.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Michael P, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2016

Good morning Shawn M, Congratulations and we all wish you both a wonderful life and happiness together. Thank you also for taking the time to make this review and for giving us the opportunity to be the location for your wedding. Have a great week.

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night because I was not feeling very well and my husband wanted to treat me to a nice hotel so I can sleep in and rest until checkout at noon. I must say that the hotel was absolutely beautiful. We had dinner there in the evening which was amazing. We slept wonderfully in their comfortable bed. Unfortunately we were Disturbed buy a knock on our door buy housekeeping just before 8 a.m. We had a do not disturb sign on our door which should tell you there are people in the room. I was very upset that I did not get to sleep in. I let Andrew know upon checkout and all he could say is sorry. We did not even get to enjoy our room until noon but instead checked out at 9:15 a.m. so much for a relaxing getaway.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank venice p
Michael P, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2016

Good afternoon Venice P, please would you accept my sincerest apologies for the knocking on the door that you heard in the hallway which has been discussed with both or Housekeeping team and Leadership. OUr team is extrmemely dillegent in observing DND signs and keeping adjacent room cleaning or entering as quiet as possible. We do hope that you will be our guest again in the future and that we will at that time do our utmost to make sure that you are not disturbed and any adjacent rooms we will knock as lightly as possible so as not to wake you. Have a wonderful day