“Great Service”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were here for a wedding a couple weeks ago. This is a beautiful hotel along a small river/large creek near downtown Rochester. The front desk staff was accommodating and friendly and happy to give us extra keys so we (4 in a room) could come and go as some of us had to get to hair/makeup appointments. Sounds silly, but some places are so adamant about 1 or 2 keys that it made a difference. Nice amenities, comfortable room. The wedding was also at the hotel and the staff was always asking if anyone needed anything, friendly, and actually seemed to be enjoying themselves.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about your visit to Royal Park Hotel.

I am always delighted to hear when our staff makes our guests happy and accommodates their needs and requests. I am also happy to hear that our service team seemed to be enjoying themselves - for us it is not just a job, but a passion to serve and please guests. I will gladly pass this on to the team - I know they will be excited to hear this.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us soon. Please feel free to look me up.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Decided to spend the night in walking distance to Downtown Rochester and could not have picked a nicer hotel for then evening. Arrived at 4PM and spent the afternoon relaxing and enjoying the ambience of the Royal Park. Walked to the bar/restaurants where many customers were enjoying a pre New Year drink and conversation with follow patrons. When the evening started we chose to visit the Downtown of Rochester and it was a few minute walk to that area. Very pleasant employees and always there to help if any questions. Room was roomy and comfortable. Looking forward to another stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve visit to our hotel. We are so fortunate to be a short walk to downtown Rochester and the many enjoyable activiities it has to offer.

I am pleased that our staff was warm, pleasant and were able to assist you with any questions you may have had. I am also happy that you were able to enjoy our lounge before you went to visit the downtown area.

I hope that you will lookme up on your next visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Due to a family wedding we needed a hotel for five nights near Sterling Heights and Clinton Township. For such a length of time I prefer to stay in a four diamond hotel instead of a run of the mill chain hotel. This was the only one we could find in the area that fit the criteria. The check in was great and they upgraded us to a larger room at the same rate. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a very comfortable bed. Although on the first day the room wasn't made up until evening, the rest of the days it was made up promptly with attention to detail which I appreciated. Only a couple of items keep this hotel from an excellent rating. First, the bathroom sink stopper wasn't adjusted properly resulting in a very slow draining sink. I would think that housekeeping would report this to maintenance but that didn't seem to occur. Second , there was no coffee maker in the room which I prefer in any hotel. I didn't feel it was over priced when compared to other four diamond hotels. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and will return whenever I visit the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We are thrilled that you chose to stay with us during this exciting time for your family.

I appreciate your constructive comments about the sink stopper and not having your room made up on your first day with us. I have passed them along to our Director of Housekeeping. I understand your need for coffee when you want it. We believe that your coffee is so important that we will make it fresh from our specially roasted beans for you whenever you want it. We deliver it in a French press so it is as fresh as possible.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again soon. Please feel free to look me up.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Here for a wedding and reception. Both were excellent. The staff was wonderful, the room beautiful and the service impeccable. I work in the banquet industry for Opryland in Nashville and the staff did everything I have been trained to do without error. It was a true pleasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie B
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Royal Park Hotel. Whenever one of our hotel brethren from as wonderful a hotel as Opryland has positive comments about our service and places our service level on par with theirs, it is a thrill.

I hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again in the near future. I would enjoy taking a few minutes to meet you,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Park Hotel while in town for a Pistons game at the Palace and were extremely impressed with our stay. The hotel is beautiful and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had breakfast at their restaurant the next morning and the food was delicious and the service was exceptional. I will definitely be back and recommended this hotel to anyone that is planning to stay in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Balcazar222
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed yourself dso much during your visit that you would recommend us to anyone planning on staying in the area.

I am so glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. We want every guest to feel as relaxed as possible when they are here. Our restaurant team will be thrilled to hear your comments about the food and service that you received.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I attended a wedding here last weekend. This is a wonderful hotel. What separates this hotel from others is the service. Every staff person was friendly and accommodating. First class experience. Terrific setting within walking distance of a quaint downtown experience on 'Main Street', of course. Also, located along a freshwater stream with walking path as this is an old mill town. The exercise room is a bit small but adequate. Well appointed bathroom with luxury bath amenities. Choice of form or feather pillows. The food prepared for the wedding was spectacular given the usual fare at weddings. Delightful in every respect. No reservations, whatsoever.

Room Tip: Don't select a room overlooking the entrance, it's a bit noiser.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank David116116

Thank you for your kind words about out hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself so much while you were here for the wedding.

I will personally pass on your comments to each department as I know how happy they will be to here from you. I will be sure to single out our banquet culinary team for the food served at the wedding.

Please feel free to look me up the next time you are visiting with us.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The overall hotel was pretty good. Very large room and bathroom. Nice bath amenities. New IP TV option which made the TV experience much better than the usual Lodgenet garbage. Biggest issue was with the terrible pillows. Chunky foam pillows or overstuffed hard feather pillows. Neither was a good option.

Restaurant and bar were ok, but food was nothing special.

Also, the whole floor I stayed on smelled like cigarette smoke. They have a no smoking policy, but when I reported to the front desk nothing seemed to change.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

We are so pleased that you stayed with us on your recent visit to Rochester. We thank you for your kind words about the guest room, bath and amenities. We are especially pleased to hear that you found the television experience to be enjoyable.

I apologize that our pillows did not meet your expectations. Our staff is always at the ready to make any changes to any of our guest room products whenever a guest finds something they do not like. On your next visit, we will be pleased to remedy this for you.

I am disappointed that our food did not 'wow' you as it typically does for our guests. I have sent your note to our Chef so that he can personally review your meal.

I hope that you will look me up on your next visit. It would be a pleasure to meet you.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Rochester Hills
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Det...
#1 of 4 in Rochester Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
#5 of 18 in Auburn Hills
Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hills MI
Days Inn & Suites Rochester Hill...
#3 of 4 in Rochester Hills
Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!