“Great for business and just a really nice place to stay”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I often stay here on business whilst visiting Troy. As a visitor from 'over the pond' I often look for hotels that are different from the usual 'bed in a box' multi chains and on finding this hotel back in 2010 I always make a point in getting this hotel booked for me when travelling. The rooms are excellent, large and well equipped with all you would need for business. The staff are friendly and professional, on the occasions I've needed to ask for help, it's been forthcoming without question. Food is good, breakfast is just a delicious choice my eyes often deceive me as I just can't eat everything! The bar is often lively and I've had many recommendations for places to either visit or eat at, including a ball game in Detroit, where tickets were booked for me and my colleagues - just fab. Business meetings go without problems. Outstanding guys and girls- thanks!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments about our hotel, our staff and the quality of our food. We strive to achieve excellence at all times with every guest and are thrilled that we have done so with you.

I am quite happy that our concierge services have been able to recommend dining options and procure tickets for you and your friends when you need them.

I hope to see you in the near future. Please feel free to call upon meon your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Royal Park Hotel

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Since we can no longer travel to big cities with our mother, my sisters and I stayed at the Royal Park Hotel to experience the "big city" feel without traveling. We had a wonderful time and the staff at the hotel made our overnight trip wonderfu. Our mother is elderly and can't get around like she used to, so we stayed in our room and played cards all night. The staff brought us up a round table and four chairs. They even provided a beautiful tablecloth. This just might be our yearly "trip" with our mom! Thank you, Royal Park staff!

Room Tip: We upgraded to a larger room (additional square feet) which was very reasonable and a great value.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for such a wonderful note. We love knowing that we were here for you and your family. We hope that your mother - as well as all of you - enjoyed your 'big city' escape. I am so glad that our staff was so accommdating to your needs.

Please let us know when you are ready to return so we can accommodate you in a room that will fit your needs once again.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Took advantage of the "Making Spirits Bright" package. The Holiday decorations and the Ginger Bread House in the lobby were beautiful. Location of the hotel is close to Main Street so you can walk to shops and see the Christmas light show.
Room was very clean and the mattress plus extra pillows were great. Breaksfast with Santa was excellent. Did not have to wait long for my food (The Brookshire looked booked to the max for breaksfast Saturday AM).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you for giving us your feedback on our newest package promotion for the Christmas season. We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. As a frequent guest you know how important the Christmas season is to Rochester and to Royal Park. We do have so much fun with our Gingerbread House. You may be surprised to know that we have had over 5,000 visitors - and counting - this year and every one of them takes pictures. It is so wonderful!

I will pass on your kind words to our staff about your guest room and breakfast - they will be so pleased with your comments.

We do hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for a Wedding held there. The Hotel's facilities are first class. The service is excellent. The hotel's restaurant food is outstanding. The rooms are world class.

The bar gets a little busy and it is a bit small for the hotel. However the service made up for any shortfalls.

Concierge staff are very helpful. Good location to go out on walks as there is a park nearby.

I have stayed at other top hotels primarily in Beverly Hills California. I have to say that the Royal Park tops them. Better than the Beverly Hills Hilton in California.

Definetely recommend to others. A must visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel, its service and its food. We are so thrilled to be compared to the Beverly HIlls HIlton and other high end hotels in that market in such a positive way. It means the world to our staff to hear this.

I do wish that our lounge area was bigger - it does get crowded sometimes - but I am pleased that our staff overcame any service matters that may have arisen

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I enjoyed my recent stay at Royal Park so much I actually looked forward to writing this review. First, the facility, rooms, layout and seasonal Christmas decorations rate with any five-star hotel in the country. But what always makes any
property stand out and move to a "5-rating" is the people and process and the very visible General Manager Jay, has accomplished this with his staff. From bell, to desk, housekeeping and to food and Beverage, each employee treats you as if your care is their only concern.
I have to stay at RP rather often on business on business and I always look forward to my time there.

• Stayed: December 2012
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I cannot thank you enough for your comments about our staff and their service to you as our guest. We are grateful that you frequent the hotel regularly and have such positive comments about the facility.

Your comments about the team members is dead on - it is really true that every one of our staff has your best interest at heart while a guest of the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

First, the good:

It's a very nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean, staff is polite, service is really good. The food at the bar was really good. Even though the bar was quite busy at times, the service was decent.

Now, the bad:

When checking in, we were handed an agreement to sign, and the front desk clerk also read the important points out loud, which were "no partying in the room" and "no outside beer, wine, or liquor in the rooms." To be presented with such a strongly-worded statement as one of our first interactions with the hotel was extremely off-putting. One of the things my husband and I very much enjoy doing while out of town is exploring the local beer and wine scene, and though we didn't do that this time, it's not at all uncommon for us to purchase beer or a bottle of wine to enjoy in the room. I've never stayed at hotel that didn't allow this. Most hotels are very accommodating, and will provide glasses and corkscrews if needed.

As for "partying" - we're in our late 40s/early 50s, and though we might have some friends in our room for a drink, we were not planning on being loud or otherwise disruptive. I felt as if we were being treated like children to be asked to sign this agreement before we even checked in.

We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bdwmi
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you for your kind words about the staff, service, food and guest rooms. We are so pleased that you found them worth mentioning in your comments.

Thank you also for your thoughts on our presentation of the party agreement. We certainly understand your comments on this matter as it has arisen occasionally with our mature guests.We are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you, at your convenience, on this matter. Please feel free to call me on my direct line at 248.453.8700.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

From the moment you enter this hotel, you sense a unique atmosphere. You feel surrounded by beautiful furnishings in an intimate environment. The staff is friendly and most ready to help.
The rooms are super clean and lovely. Terry cloth robes and slippers in the closet are a nice touch. Morning coffee can even be delivered to the room at a pre-selected time.
The bar offers a fun ambience while the restaurant is a quieter place with very good food.
We used this as a "get away" from the hustle of the beginning of the holidays and it was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so appreciative of your comments. I know that our team will be thrilled to know that you felt that they were ready to assist at any time. Our room attendants will be so pleased that you singled them out for the appearance of the room.

I hope to meet you the next time you getaway to our hotel.

Best Wishes,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!