Royal Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wardel Motel(Shelby Township)
View Hotel
All reviewsdowntown rochesterpaint creekbeautiful hotelfrench press coffeewalk in closetchocolate covered strawberriesterrace roomlarge bathroomrooms are nicethe entire staffcommon areashotel restaurantking roomvalet parkingweddingluxuryrobes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Park so that we would be in a conveniently located hotel to visit friends and family, and one that would be very comfortable. The rooms were very pretty, and the bathrooms were lovely and luxurious. The walk-in closet was a great room feature, as well as the room refrigerator (not the "honor bar", thank goodness) and in-room safe. Service from the bell staff and valets was also exceptional. The beds were comfortable, with great sheets. We did not like the down pillows as they were crunchy/crinkly (ie. very inexpensive feather pillows, with little down in them) and requested replacement with foam pillows, which they were happy to do. The terrace off our king room was enormous, with a pleasant view of the creek and many trees. The windows were very big, with windows that could be opened and blackout drapes. The servicing of the room was done very well, and on our schedule (we did not wake up until late morning each day). Breakfast downstairs wasn't ridiculously expensive, and the bar served delicious desserts, though the drinks weren't very exciting.

On to the few problems. (1) We had a problem with our shower not draining. We told the front desk staff a couple of times, and it was still not fixed. When I finally talked to the woman who was (I think) the customer relations manager, it was promptly taken care of, but I should not have had to ask more than once. (2) Also, several of our pillows were missing after a daily cleaning (we like to use a lot, and maybe we had too many?) and I had to keep asking for more towels (they would only give us enough for 2 each day, even though it was very clear that 4 of us were staying in the room). (3) It was very loud outside our room until 12:30PM on Saturday night. I realize that their main business is weddings, but trying to get the guests' kids to sleep has to be acknowledged, too. They were apologetic about the noise, but this should be noted by anyone in case they can give you a quieter room than we had (room 237).

And finally, just a few notes (in case someone from the hotel reads this): (1) It would be really nice to have more furniture out on the terrace, such as a small dining table and chairs, or at least a chaise lounge or two. It's certainly big enough. (2) Please tell your guests that there will be loud shouting and music until 12 or 1 AM on Saturdays. (3) Please tell your guests in advance (via email, since multiple confirmations are sent this way) that the main street into Rochester, Rochester Road, is completely torn up and has major (20 minutes+) traffic delays and it is difficult to get around town. (4) A pool would be a great addition to your hotel. It was really missed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words that you offered to us regarding our hotel. It is appreciated. More important, though,we thank you for sharing your concerns. It is important for us to know how well we have done with every guest on every visit. I share every guest comment whether they are on-line such as TripAdvisor or all electronic responses with our staff so they are aware of what you are feeling while you are here. We ask our staff to be passionate and intuitive and to think like the guest - sharing comments helps achieve this objective.

I am disappointed that our team did not demonstrate the sense of urgency that we regularly practice. The drain issue should have been handled immediately for you. Anything less is unacceptable. I have also spoken to our Housekeeping leaders to insure the pillow and towel issues do not re-occur for future guests. Finally, it was a noisy weekend and our security team was quite active in speaking with guests about volume. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

I do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit with us again and look forward to the opportunity to meet you personally.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here for a wedding. The service was probably some of the best that I have experienced. Everyone I ran into was friendly and helpful. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the location is great. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever stayed in, I definitely did not feel like I was sleeping in a hotel. The only drawbacks, as someone mentioned, are that there is not a coffee maker in the room, although the hotel did offer the delivery of a French press. I did not utilize option this as I didn't want to wake up at a certain time just to receive the coffee delivery. Also, my room was a corner room and was smaller than my parents and brother's room, although we paid the same rate. Finally, the comforter was damp when we arrived, I didn't complain however, because I was pretty sure it was freshly laundered and that is why it was damp. Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaDetroit_MI
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments that you have made about our hotel, its comfort and, of course, our staff. I will ceratinly pass on your words to all.

It is so important to us that every guest has an enjoyable experience whenever they visit with us. Every one of our team members is hired because they are passionate about guest service and they hope that you leave us with every intention of making a return visit.

I am sorry that you were not able to partake of our French press coffee. Our weekend coffee program is designed to insure that you receive a fresh pot of our popular, freshly ground coffee when you want it. It is important to me and our staff that you get the best coffee possible.

I do hope that you will visit with us again and look forward to meeting you in person.

Best Wishes.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times for business and each time I don't want to leave my room because the accommodations are so nice! The front desk staff are a little stuffy by gracious and helpful. The biggest complaint I have is that there is no coffee maker in the room so you have to go downstairs to a common area and get the free coffee. I hate that!
I've eaten at the restaurant a couple times and also had room service. The food is really quite good. But room service was delayed and since it had my first morning coffee, that was a bummer! Beds are very comfy and the bath is spa-like, but somewhat dark. The room rates and restaurant prices are very reasonable. Next time, I hope to actually walk up town to Main Street, but this trip it was torn up for construction!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the kind words you have given about our hotel. I know that our team will be so appreciative when I share them this week.

I apologize that our In Room Dining team was late with your morning coffee. I know how much that first cup means every day. We have chosen not to offer coffee machines in the room because we cannot get a top quality product to offer to our guests. We truly feel that our freshly made coffee from our dining room area is second to none. To offer anything else would be less than acceptable.

I am so glad that you enjoy the food that we serve and that you have had the opportunity to use our restaurants and In Room Dining. I too am awaiting the completion of construction in our little downtown area. Not only is it a joy for so many of our guests, our team loves to get away and visit the shops, restaurants and bars.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Park while visiting family. The hotel exudes old world quality. You feel like you are staying at a country estate. The decor is impeccable and the rooms extremely comfortable. I especially liked the comfortable bed and the fact that the heat and air were extremely quiet. I loved the high end bath products.
Only surprise was no flat screen HD TV. I wonder why the hotel has not made this upgrade, which is almost standard in even lower cost hotels. I was very pleased to get a room with a bath since most rooms only have showers.
Finally I did feel the food was a bit over priced for the quality, but overall I loved staying there.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room with a view of the creek.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We are so appreciative of your kind words and the entire Royal Park family thanks you for them. We are pleased that you found us so comfortable and relaxing as that is one of the trademark experiences we strive to achieve on a daily basis.

Our flat screen TVs will be here next year as we are hoping to take advantage of new advances in the television world as well as the technology world to provide a 'home like' viewing experience.

The menus in all areas change on a regular basis as we want to present new food opportunities with traditional favorites.

I do hope we see you once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed a numerous hotels similar to this and this equalled a $129ish hotel not a $200 and up. No in room coffee, no bottled water, toilet kept running, very low water pressure, (have had more pressure in drought areas) No sitting area, when you check in first thing said was no parties in rooms! and sign this waiver! What!! if you have these problems deal with them but to say this at check in made me wonder is this some expressway hotel at prom time!. Went downstairs in the morning and got lukewarm coffee and they had run out of their rolls, I have got better breakfast at an enconomy hotel.They have employees everywhere to help you out but nothing to speak of for amenities I would never recommend this it is back to Troy Mariott for me

Room Tip: Go to Troy it is only a few miles away and much better value for your money
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anna S
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your comments. Please accept my apology that we were not to your liking. Every guest comment is important to us, allowing us to review any services, procedures and policies that will impact the guest experience every visit.

I will share your comments with our team this week at our All Manager Meeting so we can reflect upon how we can better serve our guests.

I do hope that you will re-consider your decision to visit elsewhere and give us a second chance to show you what we can do.