Royal Park Hotel
$119
$119
$67
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdowntown rochesterpaint creekbeautiful hotelfrench press coffeewalk in closetchocolate covered strawberriesterrace roomlarge bathroomrooms are nicethe entire staffcommon areashotel restaurantking roomvalet parkingweddingluxuryrobes
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've stayed here 3 times for business and each time I don't want to leave my room because the accommodations are so nice! The front desk staff are a little stuffy by gracious and helpful. The biggest complaint I have is that there is no coffee maker in the room so you have to go downstairs to a common area and get the free coffee. I hate that!
I've eaten at the restaurant a couple times and also had room service. The food is really quite good. But room service was delayed and since it had my first morning coffee, that was a bummer! Beds are very comfy and the bath is spa-like, but somewhat dark. The room rates and restaurant prices are very reasonable. Next time, I hope to actually walk up town to Main Street, but this trip it was torn up for construction!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank you for the kind words you have given about our hotel. I know that our team will be so appreciative when I share them this week.

I apologize that our In Room Dining team was late with your morning coffee. I know how much that first cup means every day. We have chosen not to offer coffee machines in the room because we cannot get a top quality product to offer to our guests. We truly feel that our freshly made coffee from our dining room area is second to none. To offer anything else would be less than acceptable.

I am so glad that you enjoy the food that we serve and that you have had the opportunity to use our restaurants and In Room Dining. I too am awaiting the completion of construction in our little downtown area. Not only is it a joy for so many of our guests, our team loves to get away and visit the shops, restaurants and bars.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to ask for me on your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Park while visiting family. The hotel exudes old world quality. You feel like you are staying at a country estate. The decor is impeccable and the rooms extremely comfortable. I especially liked the comfortable bed and the fact that the heat and air were extremely quiet. I loved the high end bath products.
Only surprise was no flat screen HD TV. I wonder why the hotel has not made this upgrade, which is almost standard in even lower cost hotels. I was very pleased to get a room with a bath since most rooms only have showers.
Finally I did feel the food was a bit over priced for the quality, but overall I loved staying there.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room with a view of the creek.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

We are so appreciative of your kind words and the entire Royal Park family thanks you for them. We are pleased that you found us so comfortable and relaxing as that is one of the trademark experiences we strive to achieve on a daily basis.

Our flat screen TVs will be here next year as we are hoping to take advantage of new advances in the television world as well as the technology world to provide a 'home like' viewing experience.

The menus in all areas change on a regular basis as we want to present new food opportunities with traditional favorites.

I do hope we see you once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed a numerous hotels similar to this and this equalled a $129ish hotel not a $200 and up. No in room coffee, no bottled water, toilet kept running, very low water pressure, (have had more pressure in drought areas) No sitting area, when you check in first thing said was no parties in rooms! and sign this waiver! What!! if you have these problems deal with them but to say this at check in made me wonder is this some expressway hotel at prom time!. Went downstairs in the morning and got lukewarm coffee and they had run out of their rolls, I have got better breakfast at an enconomy hotel.They have employees everywhere to help you out but nothing to speak of for amenities I would never recommend this it is back to Troy Mariott for me

Room Tip: Go to Troy it is only a few miles away and much better value for your money
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anna S
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your comments. Please accept my apology that we were not to your liking. Every guest comment is important to us, allowing us to review any services, procedures and policies that will impact the guest experience every visit.

I will share your comments with our team this week at our All Manager Meeting so we can reflect upon how we can better serve our guests.

I do hope that you will re-consider your decision to visit elsewhere and give us a second chance to show you what we can do.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Park for 2 nights after our wedding. It could not have been better. We had a lovely room with a lot of space, robes, and a beautiful and large bathroom. It was very luxurious and comfortable. We ordered room service Champagne at 12:30am. It was quick and worth the money. We also did the breakfast in your room. You fill out your order from a menu in your room and place it on your door before a certain time and then in the morning it will be wheeled into your room on a beautiful table spread. It was fancy and delicious and not over priced in my opinion. We can't wait to stay there again for an anniversary.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Congratulations on your marriage! We are so pleased that you chose to share this special occasion with us. I am appreciative of your kind words regarding the room and your in-room dining experience. I will share these comments with our staff at our upcoming All Team Meeting.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

No complaints , my husband and I live in Rochester hills and wanted to do something different for the night , not having time to actually go away at the moment . We stayed at RPH everything was nice we did in room dining for late night dinner and breakfast it was relaxing, only thing I could say was the service on the patio for drinks in apps was a little slow but we were not in a rush.

• Stayed: June 2012
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words about Royal Park Hotel and the honest feedback regarding the speed of service on the Terrace during your visit. I am so glad that you were able to relax while you were with us - relaxation is something that is so important and that we strive to give to you.

I will be speaking to our Terrace team today - many of them new to our hotel this year - and present your words to them. I know that they are passionate people and will understand the need for speed on the Terrace.

I hope to see you soon.