“Luxury in Michigan”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto, Canada
“Luxury in Michigan”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Absolutely fantastic hotel, for the extra $50 above what you would spend to stay at a 3.5 star well worth the money. Great hotel, great rooms, great service. Won't stay anywhere else next time in the Oakland county area.

• Stayed November 2011
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at Royal Park Hotel. I know that our team will be pleased at your comments when I share them tomorrow morning. Everyone loves to hear great news from guests.

Please feel free to call upon me or any of our team when you return to the hotel. We would love to meet you.

Best Wishes,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We celebrated our anniversary with a nights stay, dinner and breakfast at this boutique type hotel. The staff is top notch as is everything from the luxury sheets on the king bed to the dining experience. If money were no object we'd go here once a month. We did feel "Royal" while at our "Special Place". We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: any room would be exceptable
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
All of us at Royal Park Hotel are so appreciative of your kind words regarding yoru recent visit to the hotel. We are so glad that you enjyed your anniversary with us and hope that you will have future opportunities to stay with us.

I do hope that we have your email address on file. If so, keep on the lookout for specical offers we present to past guests.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have to go to the Detroit area 6 to 8 times a year for business and never mind because I stay at the Royal Park. I have a group I plan meetings for and have complete flexibility on location and chose the Royal Park for a meeting and in JANUARY nonetheless. Its that good, if you have to be in the Detroit area. Ritz quality at a much more reasonable price.
From the terrific and visible General Manager (Jay I believe), right to housekeeping, all levels of service and support are exemplerary.
Rooms are awesome with top notch bedding and baths. Common areas and meeting rooms are comfortable and can accomodate any need we ever had, and food and food service is without fault.
All that and its a 400 yard walk to a terrific Main Street with a real "Norman Rockwell" quality. If you need to be in or around that area, its your place. I've stayed in this hotel 20 times and without a negative incident. Have fun!

Room Tip: This is one property where the rooms are consistently solid. Its views are not spectacular, but all...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. Everyone of the team members is appreciative of your kind words. I will share them with all team members today.

With so many hotel options in the market we are grateful that you choose to spend your time and dollars with Royal Park Hotel. I am sure there are warmer locations in January to meet but we hope that the warmth of our team overcomes any weather related isues.

Thank you for your continued use of the hotel.

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and it is indeed a very attractive and comfortable hotel. Comfy and luxurious bedding, large and quiet rooms, great bathrooms, and mostly friendly staff. I enjoyed the service in their restaurant and the quality of the food. However, I am a smoker and booked a smoking room on their web site, only to arrive and find out that in Michigan there is a state law prohibiting any smoking in hotels. The point being, that if the website was accurate I would have booked a room with a terrace and avoided the unpleasantness of the front desk woman's scorn and numerous condescensions. In addition, we had unpacked in the room without a terrace and they did get a terraced room, of which I am very thankful, and we moved 2 hours later. (Still, I am very happy with how they did accomodate us.) Back to the front desk experience.. she treated me like I was below normal intelligence, and of suspicious character. I am well traveled and highly educated, but I smoke, too. Unfortunately, this a sign of the times in todays society.. another matter though. Also the site says they offer a Sunday brunch buffet, which they do no longer. Valet staff were exceptional, as well as housekeeping. Overall, we had a very nice stay, it is a beautiful property and lovely setting.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments. We are grateful that your experience ended postively and that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Please accept my apology for the error in the website. We thought that we had identified and eliminated all smoking comments to comply with Michigan law. Our guest service attendant certainly should have moved you accordingly.

Also I have looked through the site for a comment about a brunch buffet but cannot find it. Perhaps it is these old eyes. I will have one of our younger team members help me.

Thank you once again for your kind words about most of our staff, our property and its food and beverage department. We are appreciative.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

This Hotel is absolutely second to none. I stayed in a very spacious Luxury King room. It was huge and very tastefully appointed. I would take this hotel over the Ritz Carlton anyday. Built in the English Manor style, the architect here did an exceptional job and missed no details. There is absolutely nothing that i could complain about. The service is great, the food is great, the staff are friendly and helpfull. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: For the difference in price I would definitely choose the Luxury King Room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about our hotel. We are grateful that you thought so highly of us that you have offered your comments through TripAdvisor. As you might guess, our team works diligently to insure a fabulous experinece for every guest.

Thanks for the tip to all about our Luxury rooms. WIth an additional 100sf in the room, you can really spread out and make yourself at home.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We checked in for Sweetest Day weekend and had a wonderful time! We stayed in a Park Suite which is very spacious, beautifully decorated and very clean. Our suite had a fireplace in the living room area, a kitchen area (no micro) a large bedroom and bathroom. Downtown Rochester is walking distance and the hotel is next to Paint Creek biking/hiking trail. The trail is a beautiful ride along the stream for many miles.

I would skip the Brookshire for dinner. he staff is rude and requires customer training for a place that charges $120 for dinner. We went to the Rochester Chop House on our second night and had incredible service and food!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel rooms and the surrounding Rochester area. We are fortunate to have a great housekeeping and engineering team that maintains our property so well on a daily basis. Having downtown Rochester as a close neighbor only enhances our guests' experience.

I am disappointed that our dining room team was unable to meet your expectations on Friday evening. It is quite unlike them. Would you kindly take a moment from your day to contact me directly at jharatsis@royalparkhotel.net or telephone me at 248.453.8700 to discuss your experience? I would be quite grateful.

Thank you for your comments. Every comment helps to maintain and/or improve our service levels.

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Reviewed October 2, 2011

the royal park hotel is one of the best hotels for service and accomodation
the staff is very helpful and treat you as if you are the most important guest at the place .
the grounds are just beautiful , service is perfect and the hotel rooms great.The hotel is at a walking distance from the town of rochester and we enjoyed our window shopping and the beautiful walk through the town
loved our staying there
will go back

Room Tip: relax and enjoy the staying
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
We are so appreciative of your kind words regarding our hotel and our team. Every one of our 200+ team members strives to achieve guest comments such as yours every day. And... you hit the nail on the head by stating that we want every guest to feel as if he or she IS the most important guest in the hotel.

I will share your comments with our team at the upcoming team meeting.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us in the near future. We would love to have you as our guest once again.

Best Wishes,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!