“Wonderful escape from normal Detroit hotels.”
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is like being in a different world. The hotel has such old world charm, but it is clearly a fairly new building. Not far from Detroit, but this place has a cottage feeling on a stream that offers supplies to go fishing or bicycles to borrow (or rent, not sure). There are miles and miles of trails to walk or ride that pass right by the hotel.
If you walk out the hotel and take a right you will end up on University and Main that is filled with great restaurant, boutiques, and bars to stroll pass and experience.
The internet is free whch is a great plus.

Room Tip: The are all pretty good, but ask for one the views the stream.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

All of us at Royal Park Hotel appreciate your comments about our property and the surrounding Rochester area. We are quite fortunate to have such a fabulous location that offers so many unique options with which our business and leisure travelers can enjoy their free time. I will share your kind words with our staff this morning at our daily meeting. I do hope that you will find the time to visit with us again in the future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed July 3, 2011

This hotel is amazing! From the moment you arrive until you leave you just can beat the service. The room was large with a wonderful bathroom and a real comfy bed. You can walk to the downtown village.....but dont miss the restaurant at the hotel the food is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
JayHaratsis, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent visit to Royal Park Hotel. Our only job to insure that every guest experiences a visit like yours. I will pass along your comments to our staff at our daily meeting. I do hope that you will vivsit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is top notch. I do not have a negative thing to say about it. The room was nice, the service was great, and the food is phenomenal. I loved this hotel. I would go to drink, eat, sleep or for tea anytime.

Room Tip: They save the best (biggest) rooms for last
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed with another family, both with children, and the hotel was wonderful.
The kids couldn't believe how nice everything was here.

Our room was very clean and although we only stayed one night we really enjoyed our stay.
We were able to walk around downtown and walk to dinner no problem even with the kids.

We would stay again, but maybe next time leave the kids with a babysitter and have a nice romantic weekend!

Thanks Royal Park.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2010

My wife and I went to the Royal Park for a one-night getaway. From the moment we got there everything was just right. A call from the front desk to make sure the room was OK, friendly &pleasant cocktail lounge with generous drinks, a quiet night's sleep, nicely appointed room, very good free coffee & newspapers in the lobby den the next morning. Everyone friendly, everything clean, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2010

My company held a Christmas party at this location. Many of out-of-town colleagues stay at this hotel as well. My wife and I decided to stay there as well due to the inclement weather and to simply have a nice night without the kids.

The service was top-notch, the rooms were equally impressive. Being so close to the quaint Main Street in Rochester which has great restaurants and nice shops, it is an ideal location.

Will definitely look forward to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My friend and I recently took advantage of the package weekend complete with a coupon for 25.00 at the Village of Rochester, two martinis in the Commons Room and room service for coffee and muffins on Sunday. The room was clean, nicely decorated and comfortable. Our stay was marred by an inconsiderate guest somewhere on our floor. At 1:30 am, I had to call the front desk to ask them to see if they could quiet the rude and loud woman, obvisiously devoid of any consideration of other hotel guests. They said they would send someone up. This did not work and we eventually were able to fall asleep. If only I had been able to find out which room this guest had been staying, I would have gladly called her early the next morning. I spoke to the front desk the next morning; they addressed my concern promptly and adequately, reducing my already very resonsable room cost. Next time, I will ask for a quiet and far removed room.
The other issue that was truely minor but strange was the leakage from the lovely marble shower. The glass door does not seal adequately and allows quiet a bit of water to collect on the bathroom floor. Apparently, this is an ongoing issue as there appeared to be a slight rust stain from the water on the marble bathroom floor. It was no big deal, it just seems odd.
Overall, a beautiful hotel worthy of another stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rmerje
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
The Townsend Hotel
Greektown Casino Hotel
The Atheneum
The Atheneum
#16 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Royal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!