“Amazing beer selection and seafood in fun sporty environment.”

Rochester Mills Beer Company
Ranked #7 of 92 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I dined at Rochester Mills Beer Company as part of a business meeting and the entire restaurant was closed for our event. From the high ceilings to beautiful industrial architecture down to the beer and food itself, everything was great. Servers passed delicious hors d'oeuvres (shrimp, beef puff pastries, etc) as well as a large selection or beers, ciders, and ale sampers - of which I definitely had a few. The dinner was a surf and turf option between filet mignon and lobster tails. I went for the lobster and it did not disappoint. I stole a bite of filet off of a co-worker's plate and it was delicious. The soup we originally ordered was actually very salty (I believe it was the clam chowder) but our server quickly brought us a different soup and salads as replacements upon our request. Other than this very superficial issue that was quickly resolved, there is nothing bad to say about this place.

The pool table and lounge chairs make for a great vibe.

All in all, this is a fantastic dining experience. Great for events and I'm sure also very fun when open to the general public. If you ever make it out to this neck of the woods in Michigan, I highly recommend you spend an evening here.

1  Thank Henry C

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rochester Mills has been known for quite a few years for having a great beer selection. Noteably, the Rochester Red. It's the local brew that almost every bar and restaurant has on tap. Good to see local support. Other good brews include the Milkshake Stout, Cornerstone IPA, The food and service is hit and miss. The food has always been good but when they are really busy, the food and service seems to suffer. I like their Beer Cheese Soup and the Mill Cheeseburger. When the warmer weather moves in, its nice to sit on the patio and enjoy the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Decent pub food and a good beer selection of the home brews and others. We had a good set of appetizers that were part of happy hour. All good.

As the place filled up it got quite loud but that was fine. Everyone was having a good time as were we. Our service was really good - attentive and friendly.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Always fantastic. Large building with tons of parking. Brewery with several pool tables. I have loved everything I've ever had here, good vegetarian options. Veggie roll up, spinach and ricotta ravioli, sweet potatoe fries, hot dip sampler, etc. Great original beer. Lots of room inside and outdoor seating as well.

Sign up for their emails - they have lots of special events, and during my birthday month I got 1 free entree and a free logo glass. Love it here!!!

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Between all my family members we tried half of the beer menu. My father is an avid micro-brewer and even though we are all used to great craft, we all enjoyed the beer immensely! The food was a nice compliment and they even had suggested pairings in the menu. Even though they were very busy due to graduation, we had good service and did not wait to be seated. The historic building was really a treat too. I wish we were local so that we could come here more often and try everything! Wonderful establishment!

1  Thank Rachel P