“Classic chop house style”

Rochester Chop House & Bar
Ranked #4 of 91 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just a great choice of super service and wonderful food. The wait staff was very attentive. I would highly recommend their Zip rub if you have a steak. It can get a bit noisy but nothing like the Sea food Restuarant in the front. Best to park around back and enter their main door. Very very unique set up with a warm atmosphere. It isn't cheap but good value for a fairly pricey Restuarant. We hope to be back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Rochester Chop House & Bar

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Thought about getting steak but I'm trying to eat more fish on the road. I had the mahi mahi withe the siesta salsa sauce with mashed potatoes. It was better than I thought it would be. Very flavorful and enjoyable. Good house wine. The atmosphere is quite upbeat. Definitely appears to be a local favorite. Great place for good food and friends.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Enjoy best steaks in a very nice athmosphere, not overpriced. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will certainly return.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have eaten here twice before and had appetizers and drinks, but this was the first time for dinner. Drinks and oysters to start and the oysters were fresh and very good, but pricey. Two had fish specials and pronounced them good. My companion and I had steak. She a filet and me the NY strip. Expensive cuts of meat and for the price should be prime grade and were not. Strip steak was cooked perfectly, but tough and chewy. Filet was pronounced very good. I have had much better steak in lots of different places and if I am paying the price would go elsewhere. Ambience of a old New York restaurant with caricature pictures on the walls, but of who? Waitress couldn't tell us. Service was good. It feels like a place living on past glory.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a 60th birthday dinner for 20 on 14 June (Friday night). The staff and service was "top drawer" all the way. The food was great. We ordered a variety of appetizers - from onion soup to calamari and everything in-between. Everyone's felt that their meal "was the best" when the entrees were served. Even the pianist was great, music in the background but not too loud so you couldn't talk to the folks at your table.

I would definitely recommend Rochester Chop House for dinner.