“This is my regional favorite restaurant”

Kruse & Muer On Main
Ranked #3 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lansing, Michigan
“This is my regional favorite restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Kruse and Muer is great. We travel to the area frequently and this is the restaurant husband takes me to when he wants to spoil me a little. The seafood is just amazing for being "inland." Go during lunchtime to get better prices on a very similar menu. My favorites: Charlie's Chowder, Baltimore Crab Melt, or the Seafood Panroast (my mouth is watering just thinking about it!). Husband likes their BBQ Chicken Sandwich and Tortellini a la creme with Chicken. The bread is delicious too! They have great non-alcoholic drink choices (flavored lemonades and iced teas) and the few mixed drinks I have had have also been awesome (coming from a picky drinker who hates to overpay for a crappy drink). We have had a few of the desserts and were satisfied-- the one that stands out in my memory is the Mousse. We also love the other Kruse and Muer locations, this one just happens to be our favorite. When you are done eating, you can enjoy some of the local downtown shops.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lovesource1

Rochester, Michigan
“never disappointing”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Kruse and Muir on Main is the best. I've never had a disappointing meal or take out or catering. Friends are always enthusiastic when I recommend we go here. Their gazpacho is fabulous! Salads are yummy.....and their bread is, well, their bread. Often imitated, never duplicated. We never tire of eating there.

• Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Hometown favorite that's as delicious as ever”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Returning to Rochester I have found memories of Kruze and Muir, especially their gourmet bread. Their location in charming Downtown Rochester, healthy menu selections, and excellent service remain after all these years. We eat here every time I come home to visit. Did I mention the bread is amazing?! Now that we are eating a healthier diet we were so please I could still order an amazing protein entree and also have a fantastic salad appetizer as well.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AmericanAbroad17
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Great resturant”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is kind of our go to restaurant. Food is consistently good.it is also located in the heart of down town Rochester.

• Visited February 2014
Up North
“Rochester's best”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rochester has a number of fine restaurants. Kruese & Muer on Main is, and has been, the best for years. Lunch or dinner, always great service, always great food.

• Visited April 2014