“Tasty food, good prices GREAT bread!”

Kruse & Muer On Main
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Rochester
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant. We are fairly new to the area and have tried several area restaurants and Kruse and Muer never disappoints. We have eaten several fish dishes, filet, the tomato/chicken pasta(yum). The bread is wonderful just wish they served real butter, would make then make the bread fantastic. The harvest rice orzo mixture is delicious but not all locations serve that.

Our server forgot our salads at our last visit - the place in Rochester was crazy busy with the lights and offered up a complimentary dessert. We had the ice cream hot fudge cream puff. Was huge and wonderful - more than enough for two. First time for dessert there and recommend the cream puff. Our friend had the berry pie and it was pretty good too.

The Clarkston location is still a work in process and a bit loud in there too and food not quite up to par with the other locations. I recommend the Lake Orion and Rochester locations.

Not fancy enough for five stars but a very good restaurant for the money. Recommend!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My Fave Restaurant Period! And I'm A Connoisseur Of Sorts ! Love The Seafood Chowder..So Fresh And Tastes Like The Ocean Is In The Kitchen.....Great Atmosphere !!! A Little Busy At Times ( Friday Evenings) but a 10 out Of 10!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Smells delightful as you walk in the door because of the fresh bread! Great meal and service, we had the butternut squash soup; it was the best! Fish was fresh and had super tasty sauces with everyone's meal. Bread is brought to the table first and is the pizza bread in a long french bread. It is wonderful. Would love to visit again or any of their other locations. Quick, polite but no rush atmosphere. A definite must when you are nearby.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I know that being in the Detroit area Kruse and Muer restaurants are usually raved about, but I do not particularly think that this restaurant is one of their better ones. The price is high for the portions that you rec. I do find something that intrigues me on the specials menu but am always left disappointed in the end. For some reason I keep giving it another try just to be disappointed again and again. I expect a little more from a Muer restaurant

Reviewed October 27, 2012

we went there with a party of 8, we had a larger variety of different entrees and everyone enjoyed what he/she ordered a lot. The only small downside was that the place was quite packed at the (dinner) time we visited and our waiter appeared kind of rushed which put some kind of pressure on us to 'be fast'. Should not happen in a place like that. Other than that, the food was really good and worth the visit