“I'm paleo and could eat it up!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Meeting House

The Meeting House
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clarkston, Michigan, USA
“I'm paleo and could eat it up!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Amazing fresh produce on the menu. They are quality and their chef takes great pride in preparation and presentation - the tastes were all well balanced and soared the taste buds.
their meat may or may not be grass fed - ask and they'll tell you straight up.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Peter M

Detroit, Michigan
“Small portions, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mrs. Gardiner and I had a date night here, and found it to be a very nice visit. We had made reservations, even for a 6p dinner. We were seated promptly, and given menus and had specials explained.

Drink orders were taken and delivered swiftly.

I had ordered their steak entree, and although it was quite good, I thought the portion was a bit small. Mrs. Gardiner had a salmon entree, and it was excellent.

All staff we interacted with were very helpful and pleasant... and even on a Friday evening, we didn't feel rushed.

We will happily return...

Visited August 2013
Shelby, MI
“You must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

You must try this place? We've been about a handful of times and it has never disappointed us.

Their desserts are out of this world, sea scallops were the best I've ever had, the biggie burger was so tasty too!! Never had bad food once.

Our next visit will be brunch which I've heard is out of this
World.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, Michigan
“Not worth our time or money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in at 8:50 pm to have a drink and we were told "I'm sorry, we close at 9. So we left.

Tonight we thought we would give another try. Stopped in for a cocktail before dinner... Again, not impressed. Bartender was a tad rude and disinterested in serving us.

Too many great restaurants/bars to settle for mediocre

Visited August 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A Delightful Experience, Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great restaurant in a cute town. We were able to eat outside on the rooftop deck without a reservation on a Friday night, and although we had to wait for a table, the town had its sidewalk sale going on. We didn't even get to the end of one block before our table was ready.

The service was very friendly and competent. The surroundings on the large deck were great. The drinks were good (they made a great hand-muddled old fashioned for me). The food was outstanding. We started with the mushroom appetizer, which was mushrooms sauteed with goat cheese and garlic. Very unusual and very yummy. I then had gazpacho, which was just the right blend of vegetables and seasoned just right.

We each had one of the specials that night. I had sea scallops which were huge, perfectly done, meaty, and delicious. They were served with whipped Ricotta with caramelized onion and bacon bits, with a grilled focaccia slice on top. My wife had pan seared walleye that had a unique mild horseradish sauce with fresh sweet corn sprinkled throughout it and it also tasted fresh and was perfectly done. The presentation of them was as good as the taste.

I had the chocolate mousse for dessert, and although at first glance it seemed like a small serving, it was more than enough to eat. A truly world class restaurant in a small town outside of Detroit. Worth a drive if you are going to be in the Detroit area.

The downstairs is pleasing, if bustling with activity, with two dining areas and a smallish bar, and the upstairs has a nice area that would be great for a private party. And of course we loved the deck. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013